Question Duke Recruiting Timeline

In light of Hollis Thompson's decision, which didn't look good for us for a while, I had a question about the state of our current targets. Obviously it's impossible to know when a recruit will make his choice, but I was wondering if anyone had any info on when we should expect to hear about the next few recruits?

I remember that Zoubek, Scheyer and Henderson all committen in February (is that right) and then Lance Thomas was way into April or May. Recently, we saw the early signing period. Does this mean that we won't see any committments for the next few months?

If nothing's on the horizon, maybe I can just stop wasting time and focus on the new season (and work!confused). Maybe I should do that anyway...

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

I think that Hollis is Class of 2009

Duke has, by any source I've seen anyways, wrapped up recruiting for 2008 (barring something currently unforeseen).

Hollis Thompson is a 2009 recruit and is only the 6th of the top 50 in that class to give a verbal commitment(according to Rivals anyways). I'd love for us to secure some of our top 2009 recruiting targets by mid-2008, during their HS Junior year (which we have done sometimes in the past), but it is possible that it will be more than a year from now before we secure another verbal commitment (and I don't think any kids'll sign formal commitments until at least early 2009 or so).

So...let's love the one we're with, enjoying this season, knowing that we have two good/very good kids coming in next year to a deep and fairly veteran squad (hopefully only losing Demarcus). And any early commitments for 2009 are just gravy should they occur before next summer.

Glad to be corrected but that's my sense of things anyways.

Go Duke!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    In light of Hollis Thompson's decision, which didn't look good for us for a while, I had a question about the state of our current targets. Obviously it's impossible to know when a recruit will make his choice, but I was wondering if anyone had any info on when we should expect to hear about the next few recruits?

I remember that Zoubek, Scheyer and Henderson all committen in February (is that right) and then Lance Thomas was way into April or May. Recently, we saw the early signing period. Does this mean that we won't see any committments for the next few months?

If nothing's on the horizon, maybe I can just stop wasting time and focus on the new season (and work!confused). Maybe I should do that anyway...

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana
    IIRC, the scheyer, zoub, hendo commitments were over the summer, like may/june b/c I am pretty sure I was at my summer internship when it happened. No idea on the state of our '09 recruits and when they'll commit, but i think we're basically done with '08 recruiting...