Iron Duke Question...

I have heard some of you mention donating $100 to become an Iron Duke and then possibly getting some basketball tickets to individual games through the ticket exchange??? Just wanted to see if some of you "in the know" could elaborate and explain how this works and also let me know how affective it is. What are the odds of actually getting any tickets and how many games? I am very interested in getting some tickets but even if I don't my $100 will help support our university.

Thanks in advance for the help....CMS

I am an Iron Duke and only am able to donate the minimum. The membership gives you a little priority in purchasing football and women's basketball tickets. The Iron Dukes will send you a ticket application for some of the games in which the students are on break and your ability to purchase these are based on a priority code. I have been listed on the ticket exchange for several years but I think there is a small window of exchanges.

Even though $100 doesn't seem like much, if every fan contributed, collectively we'd make a difference.

In addition to the break games, you can also call Iron Dukes and ask to be put on a wait list for other games. When other folks aren't able to use their tickets, they can return them to Iron Dukes, which then resells them to other Iron Dukes. I would think your shot at this for MANY games over the course of the year would be excellent.

I've called the Iron Duke Ticket Exchange several times and been succesful a few times. My success rate is probably less than 50%. And I've typically only tried for the non-marquee games. It definitely works but not all the time. You're in Goldsboro which helps - sometimes they'll call you two hours before the game with available tix.