Did anyone else notice the close-up of Singler talking to the ref when ESPN came back to the game tonight after a commercial with about 8 minutes to go in the second half? Duke was up by 1 point, I think, and Marquette (which was incredibly tough) was breathing fire at our heels. The game truly had the feel of a Final Four-type game (and the post-game quotes revealed that our team treated it as the championship game it was). Despite this, this quick close-up showed Singler smiling and joking around with the ref. He looked as if he were on a playground with old buddies. I thought that was pretty amazing.

Anyone who has played an organized sport knows the feeling of pressure in such a situation. How many times did we face such "adversity" last year? In such instances, I repeatedly remember our team (most of which is still our team) with the exact opposite posture, feeling the weight of the game. A striking difference is immediately apparent with this team -- and no doubt Singler's remarkable cool is at play.

Here's to enjoying what I hope will be the emergence of another great Duke leader.