View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match against Maquette?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg Paulus

1 0.88%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

33 28.95%
  • Gerald Henderson

0 0%
  • Kyle Singler

74 64.91%
  • Lance Thomas

6 5.26%
  • Jon Scheyer

0 0%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
  • Taylor King

0 0%

Man of the Match vs. Marquette

Vote here!!

-Jason

This was tough for me because it's hard to argue with Singler's offensive contribution and hitting those huge foul shots late, but I gotta go with Lance here.

His defense was stellar tonight, he put up 10 huge points for us and pulled down his fair share of rebounds. I noticed his heads-up play the whole game and I really think he made a huge impact on the game tonight.

Kudos to Singler too, though.

Thumbs up Tough call

I voted for Markie. He set the aggressive tone from the get-go. I agree that Kyle and Lance did awesome jobs. But Demarcus was the leader extraordinare. BRAVO DM!! You are finally injury free and being the player and leader that is your destiny!!

It is a tough call, but . . .

I voted for our Captain, Demarcus Nelson. This doesn't degenerate the excellent play and contributions of others -- especially Kyle Singler -- but poise, defense and LEADERSHIP were catalysts to victory and Markie provided all three. With this said, IT WAS A TEAM WIN AND EVERYONE MERITS PRAISE AND RECOGNITION.

ok, it's MARKIE again with the vote for man of the match. Singler indeed is the total package and got the points and the free throws at the end of the game, but Markie was there doing the grunt work and hitting many great shots.

he's my favorite player on duke and has been since I met him when he was still in high school!

GO DUKE!!

dth.

lance played like the man. imo

Hard to choose between Singler and Nelson, but in previous games I tipped the balance away from Nelson -- this time I chose Nelson. But, Singler played great.

Motm

These are fun and interesting to read the comments of all the participants here and how all the folks look at different aspects of the game. After reviewing the stats in the newspaper and briefly replaying the game in my mind, it is quite obvious that DM and LT had fine outings. My vote this AM however goes to KS, who edges the above mentioned duo(by a free throw-or two!).

Thumbs up Singler

Yesterday I went with the captain, today I went with the kid! Kyle Singler was a rock down the stretch, and he made the clinching FTs with ice water in his veins.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I am suprised that Markie is getting as many votes as he's getting. He played really well and played as fine of a first half as he has had at Duke, but in winning time, Singler fought through cramps to deliver several key plays which ultimately, matters more (to me) than "setting the tone" or an awesome first half.

I'm with you, Ozzie!

And I hope we have as much trouble, for all the right reasons, choosing the man of the match many more times this year!

Very early in the season, I know, but so far this is a TEAM, as opposed to a bunch of guys on the court at the same time.

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I voted for our Captain, Demarcus Nelson. This doesn't degenerate the excellent play and contributions of others -- especially Kyle Singler -- but poise, defense and LEADERSHIP were catalysts to victory and Markie provided all three. With this said, IT WAS A TEAM WIN AND EVERYONE MERITS PRAISE AND RECOGNITION.
    Had to be Markie. Key leadership to get us going with power drives to the rim, showed range and touch and was a tiger on D.

Others had a really really stong outings. but Markies actions said. "Im the go to guy tonite, if we get in trouble relax and play, I got you covered." What more can you ask of your Captain?

Singler is playing like we'd always hoped McBob would. He was the difference last night.

Singler on the line needing two free throws to ice it ... swish -opposing team time out to ice the shooter ... swish.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
    Singler is playing like we'd always hoped McBob would. He was the difference last night.
    This has to be the post of the day! Well said.

Nelson's only bad mark last night was his free-throws (4-8). If Nelson would have made two or maybe one more would Kyle Singler's clutch FT's been just as important?

I say yes!

Like somebody else has already mentioned. I remember a former DUke champion missing clutch free throws ath then end of a game. I think this is a huge boost of confidence for Mr. Singler and Duke.

Gameball = Singler.

D-D-D...DeMarrrrc!

demarcus is playing great this season. still drives into traffic a little, but his decision making is better and he's just playing great. and he hasn't even started to establish his outside shot, which is better than most people on this board give him credit for, imho.

i'm starting to get excited for this season!