For the slam dunk's there for you,
    Go Devils!
    We're gonna win tonight
    Carolina go to hell!
    So turn on the steam, team,
    Fight! Blue Devils, Fight!

(clap clap clap) Go!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    (clap clap clap) Go!
    Rip 'em up, tear 'em up! Give 'em hell, Duke!

I...can't...get...work...done...today.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    I...can't...get...work...done...today.
    I know the feeling...sitting in STAT class in the Physics building is painful when I am so very excited for tonight!

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F

GO TO HELL carolina!

BLUE FLAME= Complete combustion

Red Flame = Incomplete combustion of carbon. Blue fires of Duke=Hotter

Thanks Tilly!

Carrie - I doubt anything can warm a Heels fan to the Blue Devils but here's my story:

I have always respected Duke's program. Krzyzewski runs a clean program, graduates his players usually on time with meaningful degrees and suffers few, if any, off court issues all the while consistently fielding a top 25 team. It is a model to which all Division I programs should aspire.

But I'm a Cats fan. Christian Laettner broke my heart. We did eventually exorcise the ghost of "The Shot" with a glorious 17 point, less than 10 minutes to go comeback on our way to the '98 championship. Those two games are etched in every UofK fans psyche.

My lady LOVES her Blue Devils but thought she'd only get to see them on the road. Cameron tickets are impossible, right? So during my quest for tickets, I saw a ton of the DukeHateTsunami and found it crude, mean spirited and very easily debunked as pure myth. But still not a fan.

Well, when I heard about the general admission tickets to the Cornell game, I had to score a pair and I DID!!!

When delivering a dream, one ought to stay in paradise, no? So I booked a room at the Washington Duke. This led to more research about the man and the university he created. What an amazing human being.

So at that point, I respect the program and am awestruck by the founding father. But still not a fan.

Driving into Durham, being warmingly welcomed at the WaDuke even though they knew I was a Wildcat fan, and the beauty of campus all made me feel very much at ease. But still at ease on enemy turf.

And then we went to Cameron.

Is there a better venue in all of sports? Yankee Stadium, Lambeau Field, maybe, but I don't think so. The understated elegance, yes elegance, of Cameron, the witty, spontaneous, sportsmanship and LOUD crazies not to mention the quality of Coach K's teaching and leadership, brought me into the fold.

But it wasn't until I watch the next televised game from CIS that it hit me. It's not the same intensity I get when I watch my Cats but the emotion is the same.

My name is Ken and I am a Duke Fan.

*sniff* Beautiful story, Ken. Thanks for sharing it.

Sadly, I think you're right that I'll never be able to convert mine. You're much less biased. He's been to games in Cameron and still tries to claim it isn't that great.

Oh, well, as of game time, he will be kicked out of the house to go watch the game somewhere that isn't in my presence.

And his alma mater can GTH!

Another report

Got back from the Football Signing Luncheon a little while ago. Coach Cutcliffe was magnificent!!! We've got some fabulous recruits coming from NC, Texas, Louisiana, Florida and Alabama. (I mention these states for a reason. We're going to go head to head with Carolina in recruiting the best in NC. We've gotten some top recruits right out from under Texas, LSU, Alabama and "the holy trinity of Florida.") As Coach ran the tapes of the newest class and told the audience about each guy describing the strength, speed, intelligence and versatility of each one, I kept thinking about the Carolina game scheduled for next November in Wallace Wade. I don't care whom they've signed, it's time for Carolina and everyone else to face Hell again in Wallace Wade in the fall!

The man is smart, I tell you! He concluded his remarks with, "Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell!!!!"

In Chocowinity, North Carolina

It's a partly cloudy, windy 82 degrees, and Carolina can still go to hell!

Thanks for sharing Ken!

I agree with Carrie, that was a beautiful story.

Carrie, I'm sorry about your husband. Where will you send "the heel" so you can watch the game at home?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I agree with Carrie, that was a beautiful story.

Carrie, I'm sorry about your husband. Where will you send "the heel" so you can watch the game at home?
    His stepmother is also a UNC grad, and his father has an irrational hatred of Duke, so he'll be joining them for dinner, with a heaping serving of GO TO HELL, CAROLINA for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    His stepmother is also a UNC grad, and his father has an irrational hatred of Duke, so he'll be joining them for dinner, with a heaping serving of GO TO HELL, CAROLINA for dessert.
    My deepest sympathies. Will cheer extra hard tonight for you.

Talking As Christopher Walken would say...

I got a fever.

And the only prescription is Carolina GOING TO HELL!!
    9F!

Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    At least they will leave you in peace to watch the game. I think it would be harder to watch it in their presence.

GTH, C, GTH! 9F

Home of Dane Fife

Up in Clarkston MI it is 31 derdrees and 8 t0 11 inches of snow on the way, which is good because I've got an 8' bonfire ready to celebrate the victory.

Since I'm in Big 10/11 country (just outside of Taylor King's range this year) I'll get ESPN HD and Dickie V who sounds like he will have to tone it down to save his voice.

Carolina will NOT get sucked down into hell if they lose. Win or lose they ARE in hell. The Dump on the Hump IS hell on earth. Any change for them would be an improvement. That is why we have to make sure they all get back on the bus when they visit Duke. We shall leave hell with a victory and leave the holes in hell.

Also in Michigan, snow piling up, about to head out to my last Duke Alumni Interview this year. And when I'm done? I'll watch Carolina get sent straight to hell.

9F

We're in our house in Maine, expecting a half a foot of snow tonight. Hell will look great as long as there are Tar Heels in it. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time!
    We're also planning to go to Boston to see the women play tomorrow night. BC can go to hell too.

Welcome DancinDevil and 99DukeMom! Two new posters in a row!

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

This is hard to believe!

The AIR CONDITIONING just kicked on here at our house on the hump! The Devils' bus must have just arrived over at the dumb dome and the team is turnin' on the steam.

Rip 'em up! Tear 'em up! Give 'em hell DUKE!
    Love, Ima

No kiddin, Baltimore is unusually warm today, and inside the building where I work (again, I kid you not), everybody I bumped into complained about this unusual change - I gave them my explanantion !!
    GTHC GTH

Signing off now...

...and heading upstairs to start ironing! I save stacks of it for this occasion. The closer the game the more feverishly I iron. I'm always shocked at the crisply folded heap sitting there and leaning like the Tower of Pisa when the final buzzer sounds!

There's absolutely NOTHING as satisfying as a victory over the Holes and visible evidence that I worked nearly as hard as the guys did!

Thought for the day: A basketball game is just like the ironing. As soon as you get to the bottom of the basket, there's another one waiting for you. It never really ends.

Love you guys. Have fun. Ima