Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

Game Day!

9:55 here just outside of Taylor King's range. 11 hours to go till tip off. Getting hot. Real hot! So hot that chapel hell can't contain it all. About to head up to Durham for the Duke Football signing day luncheon. What a great way to start the day! Welcome Duke football signees! Welcome Coach Cut! Can't wait to meet him today!

After those preliminaries, it'll be time to get really ready for the game. Voice, start chanting! Please repeat after me!
    GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
    9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F!!!!!!!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

A question I've been dying to ask...

We all want Kerlina to go to hell, I'm all for that. But, doesn't the Devil rule over hell? Thus aren't we already in hell and do we really want Holes joining us?

Perhaps I'm taking all this a little too literally.

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    We all want Kerlina to go to hell, I'm all for that. But, doesn't the Devil rule over hell? Thus aren't we already in hell and do we really want Holes joining us?

Perhaps I'm taking all this a little too literally.
    If you want to take it literally, isn't the Devil in hell a red devil? Thus, a Blue Devil is clearly not in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    If you want to take it literally, isn't the Devil in hell a red devil? Thus, a Blue Devil is clearly not in Hell.
    I wondered if that was our loophole, but needed to make sure thus posed the question figuring there would be a Blue Devil braniac who would point that out. Thanks bluedog.

Go To Hell, Carolina!

It's a humid 70 degrees here at the center of the universe, and it's expected to reach almost 80 before the end of the day. I expect things are even warmer 8 miles away...

less than 10.5 hours to go.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

It is a ridculously warm 68 in Charlottesville with the temperatures dropping tomorrow. A coincidence, I think not. Also, my fifth grade daughter had to change her clothes this morning at the last minute and said "I can't wear my light blue shirt-not today of all days." Train 'em young.

a most glorious day for duke basketball...GTHC!!!!

oh and 9F!

I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!!! God I hope we bring it tonight.

Oh, we'll bring it. We will definitely bring it.

My stomach is at it and my palms are sweating already. How am I going to make it to 9pm? I can't wait!

9F9F9F9F9F9F9F, ad infinitum

Radiation from the north is so high we will reach 85° today. 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F 9F

Just this...

To all who enter here...........

Heating up

It's 68 degrees in beautiful downtown Altavista VA. Getting giddy counting down the hours until our devils invade Chapel Hell and emerge victorious!

9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f, 9f,9f,9f

New to this

As a Kentucky fan, slowly being turned into a Blue Devil fan by my oh-so-devoted Dukie of a fiance (see my thread "A Kentucky fan in Cameron" for details on this conversion), this is my first Duke-NC game. I am very excited!

Come to find out, I work with a Tar Heels fan and actually said to him "I think my Devils are going to take you tonight". MY devils?!?!? Wow...

Man, oh man, are the hours dragging along today!

There you go...

Quote Originally Posted by KenTankerous View Post
    As a Kentucky fan, slowly being turned into a Blue Devil fan by my oh-so-devoted Dukie of a fiance (see my thread "A Kentucky fan in Cameron" for details on this conversion), this is my first Duke-NC game. I am very excited!

Come to find out, I work with a Tar Heels fan and actually said to him "I think my Devils are going to take you tonight". MY devils?!?!? Wow...

My advice would be to...Just let it go, forget all your past mistakes, and be delivered to the place that the Good Lord wanted you to be in the first place

There's always room for one more, and the quicker you learn that your soon to be wife is always right. the better

Believe and you shall be free...

Go Blue Devils!

This is my first post although I've been reading the threads for quite a while now, and I thought tonight's game warranted a short one from me. It's freezing here in St. Paul, MN but my heart is warm just thinking about the blue Devils. I wore my Duke sweatshirt to work today and I am so nervous and excited for the game to begin that I'm not getting much work done. We can do it, I know. I'm the wife of a Duke alum, Ph.D. class of '75 and we've followed the blue devils ever since. Our goal right now is to get back to Durham for the early January game next season. Can't wait.

It's 74 degrees on main quad as gametime inches closer. I am 1 class, 2 tent shifts, and 6 hours and 20 mintues away from watching the devils destroy their chapel college foes.

Please tell us, what was your wife's secret? I have a heel for a husband and I can't get him to say anything more generous than that he didn't totally hate Chris Carrawell. I need tips from one who has seen success... how do you manage to turn a husband's allegiance?

Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    It was 55 on Monday morning in OP, Kansas. This morning it is 17 with snow falling. Obviously, the heat is descending to the east in that place of ugly light blue. After the Blue Devil win tonight, all should return to normal in the world of weather.

GTH, C, GTH
    I couldn't even get in to my job in OP today... and KU actually canceled classes. This would tend to bear out the above-mentioned theory. The snow has mostly let up now, but the roads near me are still covered. I don't expect it will get warmer before tomorrow, once Carolina has descended safely into Hell.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

Hey Ken, didn't realize you were engaged to a Dukie. Congrats on the impending nuptials.