Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

It's 65 degrees here in Atlee, Va (just north of Richmond) at 7:35PM on a February evening. Completely and totally unseasonable with a forecast of 75 degrees tomorrow and severe weather. I think we all know what that means; warm air drifting up from the SW colliding with soothing (Duke Blue) colder air, creating an epic showdown between Mother Nature and the elements. The Gates have opened and now must be shut!! High of 37 forecast in the coming days!! The basketball gods have shown us the light and now we must walk towards said light. chapel hell must be silenced. T-minus 25 1/2 hours.
    All Tar Heels must be silenced!! GTHC, GTH!!!! 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!
    Hey, I didn't get a "harumph" out of that guy.

6:52 Pm

It's around 70 degrees here in central AR. There's nasty weather afoot - tornado warnings everywhere, and the front just arrived at my house. May have to take to the closet soon (no basement). Storms are a sign: hell's awaiting a huge influx from UNC!

No more signal on TV; must go to local TV station on computer...

Airplane lady today; a true Hole fan.

coming back from Indianapolis, Indiana (business) and i sat next to a very nice older lady from oxford, nc. she informed me that she was a big hole fan and she loved the holes.

i asked her if she'd heard about the injury situation and she looked at me like she'd seen a ghost.

'son, don't tell me that. that's bad news. but we'd win anyway, we are carolina'.

so there will also be great wailing and gnashing of teeth tomorrow night in Chapel Hell BUT in a little town well north of the Gothic Playground, in a house in the quaint little town of Oxford, NC, suddenly many fires will pop up around the room and consume the TV and all the POM POMS that lady said she had sitting around that house. Hell fire will burn all the Carolina blue stuff in the room and somehow, some way that woman becomes a DUKE fan tomorrow night when she sees the fire in her house and realizes that she's on the wrong side of the ball, and has been all along.

dth.

Readiness

Storms expected here in Raleigh tomorrow...the generator (that i bought to never miss away games) has gas and I am going to get an HDTV off air antenna as a Directv backup tomorrow. Like a boy scout I am prepared to witness carolina's trip to hell!

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

Another language...

In Hebrew it would be... (transliterated, obviously)
    LECHO LA ZA ZEL, carolina, LECHO LA ZA ZEL!

The officially unofficial GTHCGTH thread...

let it all out here...

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL....you don't deserve the caps lock...

I already can't sit still. This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience. I have made plans to go elsewhere. She thinks I'm crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I already can't sit still. This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience. I have made plans to go elsewhere. She thinks I'm crazy.
    i have been counting down the hours for about 3 days...

22 hours and 21 minutes as of this post...

i am a sick person...AND I LOVE IT

Quote Originally Posted by heath_harshman4 View Post
    let it all out here...

GO TO HELL carolina GO TO HELL....you don't deserve the caps lock...
    Um, no. That would be the "Status Check" thread. Newbies ... sigh. Thread locked! No soup for you!!!

Right...since Jumbo is a curmudgeon (and for the record, I'm anything but a newbie, but thanks for playing), I'll post again...This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience, and she thinks I'm crazy, because I already can't sit still. I've made plans to watch the game away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Right...since Jumbo is a curmudgeon (and for the record, I'm anything but a newbie, but thanks for playing), I'll post again...This is my roommate's first Duke-kuralonna experience, and she thinks I'm crazy, because I already can't sit still. I've made plans to watch the game away from home.
    I don't think I called you a newbie. But there are a few sacred traditions that must be protected here. "Status Check" is one of them -- we have to send Carolina off to Hell the right way!

Status check

Jumbo-you wanted it and here it is-multiple postings on the 'status' thread.

64 degrees and unseasonably warm here in Raleigh. Record high temp expected tomorrow. I wonder why. All indications are the the fires of hell are being released to consume the holes starting early in the afternoon and continuing until about 11 PM(or shortly thereafter) tomorrow. May they burn forever. GTHCGTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I don't think I called you a newbie. But there are a few sacred traditions that must be protected here. "Status Check" is one of them -- we have to send Carolina off to Hell the right way!
    i be the newbie, my bad

I am currently in Iraq ,and still surrounded by tarheel punks but the game is coming on about 4:00am i got my DUKE shirt on got my DUKE flag hung high and i can't wait to for the BLUE DEVILS to wear out those light blue sissy's .GTHC GTH

GTHC GTH
    36 degrees..Early Wednesday morning in St. Louis, MO, has been raining all day..the rain must be coming down to keep us Missourians away from the fiery pits in chapel hill...only 19.5 more hours until our Devils give the holes their punishment

Go to Hell carolina...go to hell!!!

Its been unseasonably warm (60 deg here at 7:30am) here the past two days about 3 hours west of the epicenter, which leads me to believe the fire must be blazing 3 hours to the east of me.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!!!

Exclamation Potomac Status

Record-setting 74 degrees here in DC. About what you'd expect to see as the Prince of Lies opens his fell portal 'neath the Dome, returning to Earth to reclaim what is rightfully his -- as he is wont to do twice, sometimes thrice a year

Big temperature drop in SE Arkansas after the front rolled through with the storms. The heat is being sucked back toward Chapel Hell. Hope all rode out the tornadoes (esp. you, ArkieDukie) okay.

9F, 9F, 9F, 9F

SW Durham

Here in SW Durham at 8:30 a.m. it is quiet and unnaturally warm for this time of day at 60 degrees. It must be the lull before what is to come as the holes are sucked straight to hell!

GTHC!

Status Check

It was 55 on Monday morning in OP, Kansas. This morning it is 17 with snow falling. Obviously, the heat is descending to the east in that place of ugly light blue. After the Blue Devil win tonight, all should return to normal in the world of weather.

GTH, C, GTH