Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

61 Degrees, partly sunny here in the rolling peidmont of North Carolina. A little over 32 hours until K and his band of Devils avenge our ladies!!!

Surpassing SEVENTY degrees on February 5th here in Tidewater, VA. At first, I thought maybe this global warming thing had become greatly accelerated, but then I realized it's just that the fires are stoking in a little town in Central North Carolina. Hotter weather to come within about 36 hours, I hear.

GTH, Carolina, GTH!

It's an unseasonably warm 42 degrees here in Ann Arbor... and Carolina can still go straight to hell!

It's a comfortable 47 and sunny here in Stockton, California. I'll be flying back to the East Coast tomorrow night during the game, all because I'm afraid the heat from Hell will scorch across the country...

65 degrees and beautiful in Birmingham! I face a slight dilemma in this game because although I want our new baby to be inculcated with Love of Duke as early as possible, I'm afraid that the sight of so many light-blue basketball players being sucked into hell all at once may frighten him. How to explain to him that they are Carolina and they deserve it?...

The time is 3:22 PM in heaven, and it's 75 degrees and partly cloudy.

Every Monday I make an 8-mile trek to volunteer for the poor souls in Chapel Hell. I'm getting a little confused by all the construction on 15-501, and the new signage that's going up as a result. Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH

Cool so cal reporting in

Super Tuesday here and although sunny, only topping out at a chili 58 on an otherwise beautiful day.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

Man, its unseasonably warm outside in Raleigh (someone should study the climatological effects of Duke/Carolina pro-game intensity), but its cold cold cold in this office building. Tension is starting to thicken, and one thing is clear:

Go to Hell, Carolina, Go to Hell!
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Hey that reminds me...

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH
    a couple of years ago we had a GTHC thread that had it spelled out in a bunch of different languages. Seeing how I know none, let 'em rip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 365Duke View Post
    a couple of years ago we had a GTHC thread that had it spelled out in a bunch of different languages. Seeing how I know none, let 'em rip!!!
    Well in French it would be "Allez en enfer, Carolina"

And in Russian, I think you could say "Vo chortom, Carolina." This literally means, "to the devil, Carolina." Unfortunately, this is acutally something you might say to encourage someone in Russian, kind of how we say "break a leg" in America.

Later today, I have to go down to the Best Buy on 15-501, less than a mile from Chapel Hell. Does anyone have a kevlar suit I can borrow?

New Best Buy

Quote Originally Posted by mehmattski View Post
    Later today, I have to go down to the Best Buy on 15-501, less than a mile from Chapel Hell. Does anyone have a kevlar suit I can borrow?
    Isn't there a new Best Buy store near the Streets of South Point? You can avoid some of the heat of CH and the convoluted traffic of New Hope Commons.

I don't speak no foreign language cept'n southern, and I'm a'praying the Good Lord sees fit to send them sumI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es (can I say that?) straight to the heat of Hell. Then I hope He sends 'um deeper into the bowels of the Earth.
    Burn'em, dadgummit!

GTHC!!!!!!!!

That thing I thought was a comet turned out to be the Demar Rocket.

58 degrees and gettin' hotter in Menlo Park, CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Isn't there a new Best Buy store near the Streets of South Point? You can avoid some of the heat of CH and the convoluted traffic of New Hope Commons.
    Unfortunately I pre-ordered an item and had it shipped to that Best Buy. But it does give me a good reason to pick up a cheesesteak from the excellent "Philly Steak Factory" in New Hope Commons.

With the temperature rising, though, the sandwich might be a little charred...

It's 55 degrees and the temperature is rising here in San Jose, CA. Could the rising temps be a result of the warmer winds blowing in from the east?

Go to hell, Carolina, go to hell!

I've been curious about the sudden warming trend in our nation's capital, where its currently 5:33PM and 63 degrees...

...could it be that hell is opening up its gates to welcome the Tar Heels?

Quote Originally Posted by grc5 View Post
    The time is 3:22 PM in heaven, and it's 75 degrees and partly cloudy.

Every Monday I make an 8-mile trek to volunteer for the poor souls in Chapel Hell. I'm getting a little confused by all the construction on 15-501, and the new signage that's going up as a result. Fortunately, one familiar sign still remains: "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate."

GTHCGTH
    I can always appreciate a good Dante quote...

Go to Hell Carolina Go To Hell.

I am going to have to see if I can get out of work early tomorrow to catch all of the game...

At the beach...

Its a warm 60 degree day here due east of crapel hell. The fog has been thick all day....it must be the heat from hell burning all the saltwater from the earth. But its a good day to be a DUKE fan. GTHCGTH!!!!

It's 70 degrees here on Central Campus in lovely Durham. Drivers traveling South on 15/501 have been urged to proceed with extreme caution, as mass preemptive whining and the opening of the gates of hell have sent noise and heat levels sky-high in and around Chapel Hill.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA--GO TO HELL!

Status Check

It's 17 degrees with snow on the ground in Colorado Springs and I just punched the fat punk in the cube next to me who went to chapel hell...

GTHC!!!!!!!!!!