Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Status Check!

The cold front's due Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    It's 40 and rainy in Portland, as it has been for most of the last week (with a little snow mixed in over the weekend). I've been trying to send the cool precipitation eastward, so our boys can cool off Wednesday night as they are leaving hell victoriously.
    The cold front is due to arrive Wednesday possibly causing severe thunderstorms in parts of the state such as the western piedmont. Currently don't expect any Dean Dome power outages of the sort that happened in Carmichael when Johnny Dawkins was making his visit as a recruit. The thunderstorms are expected to set the stage for announcements on Football Signing Day. It is believed that the outcome of the Super Bowl will contribute to the likelihood of thunder and lightening.

This time last year I was in Winnipeg and the temp was like -30-40C. I’ve come back home for this year’s event and the temperature in Arlington, VA right now is a splendid 56F.

Isn’t it obvious that as one comes south the temperature is increasing? Extrapolating accordingly, I predict 451F for the environs of the Chapel Hell Community College on Wednesday! Regardless, we shall beat the hell out of the icky blues at that time!

On a sad note, I was sorry to see Devil in the Blue Dress report on the demise of the Rat. I did like those gambler’s specials. I guess with this last trace of culture gone, Chapel Hell wasn’t worth saving anyway!

Rat's gone

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    This time last year I was in Winnipeg and the temp was like -30-40C. I’ve come back home for this year’s event and the temperature in Arlington, VA right now is a splendid 56F.

Isn’t it obvious that as one comes south the temperature is increasing? Extrapolating accordingly, I predict 451F for the environs of the Chapel Hell Community College on Wednesday! Regardless, we shall beat the hell out of the icky blues at that time!

On a sad note, I was sorry to see Devil in the Blue Dress report on the demise of the Rat. I did like those gambler’s specials. I guess with this last trace of culture gone, Chapel Hell wasn’t worth saving anyway!
    Yes, you'll have to find grease and sizzle somewhere else!

Here in the grand village of Ada, Ohio temperatures have been increasing for the past week, peaking tomorrow to join the rest of the country in stockpiling heat to be sent south to the lesser city, leaving us with our usual cold weather on Wednesday. Ominous thunderstorms and high winds will the only sign we have of the impending doom descending on the tar heel nation.

Soft chants of "Go to Hell Carolina go to Hell!" can be heard ringing out in the empty fields, and with each passing moment the voices grow stronger...

Tri-Cities, WA

out here on the west coast...

Today, it was a chilling 35 degrees with sunshine and very few clouds. All that was heard except for the slight breeze was the in head clock of heath harshman slowly counting downt the hours.... 50.5 Hours as of this post...just saying....

The forecast shows nothing but DUKE BLUE SKIES and many cheers heard throughout the nation...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    This fell off the front page. Disgraces. You're all disgraces.
    I blame myself. I've been out of town. Lompoc is wet tonight. Tomorrow promises to be windy. Does the wind blow because carolina sucks, or does carolina suck, therefore the wind blows? Either way, the stench is overpowering. Hell is on the way to swallow up the baby blues.

I googled the distance

a balmy 70 degree high today in Atlanta, 382 miles from the dean dome, err gates of hell. I made the mistake of google mapping the distance between here and the hellhole, even typed in "Dean Dome". God forgive me. I decided to take a closer look using the google satellite option to see what was going on. Plenty of college kids walking around Chapel Hill today but no sign of intelligent life. I plan on checking back on the satellite view Wednesday night about 11:00pm and I won't be watching Atlanta burn.

status check

Jumbo has challenged and I have answered. Currently we have a balmy 56 degrees at 1105 PM on the Morrisville, NC WeatherBug and I reside about 18 miles from that site in Raleighwood, NC. Strangely, it seems to be getting warmer and warmer. The lakes, reservoirs, creeks and rivers are evaporating even more quickly this week than usual, drought notwithstanding. I think it just might be related to the fires of Hades burning uncontrollably as the residents of chappaheeya are incinerated and find their ashes(or I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.hes) in hell shortly after 11 PM on Wednesday. GTHCGTH, yes, a thousand times, GTHCGTH.

I feel like i got hit by a truck and I cannot tell if I have a fever or if I am just too close to chapel hell. Less than 48 hrs until the tip, I am sure my cure is another Duke victory.

Oh, no!

Quote Originally Posted by jlear View Post
    I feel like i got hit by a truck and I cannot tell if I have a fever or if I am just too close to chapel hell. Less than 48 hrs until the tip, I am sure my cure is another Duke victory.
    I hope you don't have Carolina fever! That was going around a few years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I hope you don't have Carolina fever! That was going around a few years ago....
    ...and the cure is Preparation H.

In the confines of my office in this gothic wonderland that is the home of everything sacred in the world of College Basketball, I feel safe, protected.

For only a few miles due west, what people mistake for a massive pyre is burning. It is not a pyre, nor are they any flames of this world.

It is hell ascended in Chapel Hill.

And tomorrow night, my boys will walk through those flames unscathed, and teach The Filthy One and his minions how Devils play basketball.

Bring it....

Durham, NC

It is supposed to be 74 in Durham today, 78 tomorrow. Its February! The storms are going to block out that ugly light blue sky tomorrow and by 11pm I expect it to be much hotter in Chapel Hill.

Just heard what sounded like a roll of thunder here in rainy Connecticut...not sure if it is the echo of Belichick's rumblings out of Foxboro or the gates of hell opening up for the dreaded heels. GTHC (and UConn too).

10:05 am on Tuesday Morning.
    It's 60 degrees here in Northeastern North Carolina. Thirty-Five hours to tip...

Hola

Sitting in an expat cafe in the Dominican Republic, no change in temps lately-- 80 and beautiful every day. However, based upon the principle that everything must be brought into balance, and given that my giants winning the super bowl indicates that hell just froze over, I expect the forecast for Chapel Hell to reach unheard of temps come weds. night!

Give 'em hell Duke!

Strong storms forecast

Strong thunderstorms with high winds and hail in some locations are forecast for the piedmont region of NC. Facilities managers are checking their generators to insure that the lights don't go out (threes?). Dukies are wisely securing their firewood and kindling in dry areas in anticipation of the rapture's arrival on Wednesday evening.

I feel great now that I am out of the dentist's chair (routine cleaning). Was far less painful than watching last night's debacle. Time to right the wrongs and put carolina back where they belong - HELL!

First, the team managers will continue their domination of the carolina managers http://www.newsobserver.com/734/story/923904.html and then our men will silence the throng in the dean dome!

Is it my imagination, or is it getting awfully warm around these parts?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Record highs?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I feel great now that I am out of the dentist's chair (routine cleaning). Was far less painful than watching last night's debacle. Time to right the wrongs and put carolina back where they belong - HELL!

First, the team managers will continue their domination of the carolina managers http://www.newsobserver.com/734/story/923904.html and then our men will silence the throng in the dean dome!

Is it my imagination, or is it getting awfully warm around these parts?
    No, it's not your imagination! Unseasonal high temperatures today foreshadow the thunder and lightening expected with severe weather tomorrow. It's not global warming. It's the rapture!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Interesting that #3 UNC is mentioned before #2 Duke. No bias there.

Like someone else mentioned I'm feeling hot too, from a fever I believe. And, don't even think it's Carolina fever, oh hell no! I think my fever is from being so close to hell, about 8 miles.

GTHC, GTH