The Charlotte Tarheels

Not sure if this is in the right board but as a homegrown Duke fan I find it hard to pull for the Bobcats simply because their front office has invested heavily in Tarheel products. Don't get me wrong, Felton is one of the few heels that I actually like. However, I don't like MJ and I cant stand May. Plus the only reason they didn't keep Wright was because Richardson was available. You can bet they'll go after more UNC players in this year's draft (Hansbrough). It looks like they might be decent this year but I still don't think I can pull for them (or even care for that matter). Anyone else share this sentiment?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Not sure if this is in the right board but as a homegrown Duke fan I find it hard to pull for the Bobcats simply because their front office has invested heavily in Tarheel products. Don't get me wrong, Felton is one of the few heels that I actually like. However, I don't like MJ and I cant stand May. Plus the only reason they didn't keep Wright was because Richardson was available. You can bet they'll go after more UNC players in this year's draft (Hansbrough). It looks like they might be decent this year but I still don't think I can pull for them (or even care for that matter). Anyone else share this sentiment?
    I sort of share your sentiment but you don't like May? He's one of my most liked Heels of all-time. What's your beef with him?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    What's your beef with him?

-EarlJam
    No beef, just never liked him. I think it stems from a visit he and other heels made to Fibber McGee's here in Wilmington around his sophomore year. Actually talked to Felton and he was super cool. May on the other hand didn't even reply to a casual 'what's up.' It might have had something to do with the Duke shirt I was wearing but hey, it didn't stop Felton from being friendly.

charlotte heels

I sort of share your sentiment but you don't like May? He's one of my most liked Heels of all-time. What's your beef with him?

-EarlJam
    Beef in the same sentence with Sean May-pretty funny there, EJ

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    No beef, just never liked him. I think it stems from a visit he and other heels made to Fibber McGee's here in Wilmington around his sophomore year. Actually talked to Felton and he was super cool. May on the other hand didn't even reply to a casual 'what's up.' It might have had something to do with the Duke shirt I was wearing but hey, it didn't stop Felton from being friendly.
    Wilmington! Is Bessie's still open? I used to play a little guitar there with a friend.

-EarlJam

I used to play a little guitar there with a friend.
    What, like a ukulele?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Charlotte's fondness for Tar Heel players is not wholly irrational - they're aiming to snag local heroes. Of course if they don't produce wins, the strategy fails and with it go the fortunes of the Bobcats.

Wilmington! Is Bessie's still open? I used to play a little guitar there with a friend.

-EarlJam
    Bessie's! Wow, hadn't heard that name in a while. No, they closed down about five years ago. Great place for shows though. They've kinda been replaced by the Soapbox.

It's bothered me some, too, although I actually always liked Felton, so he's not too objectionable. I briefly renounced the Bobcats as my NBA team when they drafted Wright, but renounced the renouncing when they traded him.

I don't really have a problem with drafting Heels if they can help the team, but the Sean May pick was just a bad choice at #13. It's fairly clear they took him just because he was a Heel, and that grates.