Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, it wasn't the usual suspects in the UNO game (Grant or Fells with turnovers). This is a completely different team from last year. Also, the "big question" of PG wasn't the reason they lost either. See above.

Five players are averaging over 31 minutes per game. McCauley, Horner and Ferguson have each had their minutes cut significantly. Whether this is proper or not, it would seem to be a source of discontent IMO.

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    Five players are averaging over 31 minutes per game. McCauley, Horner and Ferguson have each had their minutes cut significantly. Whether this is proper or not, it would seem to be a source of discontent IMO.

gw67
    To be fair, there was some inconsistency over the reserves minutes. My site, ESPN, and several other sources have all of the reserves getting less than 10 minutes a piece, while GoPack.com actually has the reserves getting more time. I'm really not sure which is right, although GoPack does have a game log, so I actually that GoPack.com is right.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    To be fair, there was some inconsistency over the reserves minutes. My site, ESPN, and several other sources have all of the reserves getting less than 10 minutes a piece, while GoPack.com actually has the reserves getting more time. I'm really not sure which is right, although GoPack does have a game log, so I actually that GoPack.com is right.
    The gopack stats look more accurate. McCauley certainly seemed to play more than 10 minutes. And Gavin Grant did not play 39 minutes (as suggested by ESPN).

Also, McCauley's minutes were limited by sickness. His minutes will likely go up as he gets healthier.

If Lowe didnt have their attention for this game he damn sure has it now. i'm gonna have to go with the cliche "good loss" on this one. On the other hand, if they don't respond its going to be a long year. However, I think they will live up to expectations.
    Although Hickson is great State's success will go the way of the Costner. Based on last year's performance against the heels in the tourney I believe he has the ability to dominate inside and out. I cant believe they didn't get him more looks from three. Allowing him to become a pseudo-backcourt guy in transition or on the kick-out will allow state to utilize their dominant frontcourt and get better perimeter ball movement. Costner can also penetrate off the dribble. In essence, maybe changing his role a little could solve many of State's problems.

The problem is that in the offseason, Costner appears to have gained about 10-15 pounds. He's too fat and slow to play the 3 right now for sure, so if he's constantly stepping out and setting up the three point shot, State's rebounding suffers even more, and you can double Hickson/McCauley more easily.

I agree he needs to step up his game in order for State to be successful, but it's gonna be tough for him in that increased frame.

I'm looking forward to seeing State play and I hope that they iron out any player issues. Lowe is from the DC area and seems to be a straight up guy. The ACC web site for NC State is slightly different from ESPN. Four players are averaging over 30 mpg and one is averaging 28.5 mpg. Hickson's stats are very good.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskb...7-2008/st.html

gw67