Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Favorite Cameron Crazies Chants

I was just wondering, for fun, what are some of your all-time favorite chants from the Cameron Crazies??

without a doubt:

"Go to hell Billy Packer got to hell (clap clap)"

It was so loud, you could VERY clearly hear it on TV. This was the same year as Billy's "since when did they let women determine who gets into basketball games", he deserved it, without a doubt.

A close second:

Ra-sheed (clap clap) Can't read (clap clap, repeat)

(Crowd points at Duhon's little brother): Lit-tle Du-hon! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Boozer's little brother): Lit-tle Boo-zer! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)

(Crowd points at Avery Queen, 5'1" Michigan guard): LIT-TLE POINT GUARD! (clap clap, clap-clap-clap repeat)
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

"Sweat, Gary, Sweat!"

Works like a charm

Favorite cheer: In Hale! Ex Hale!

Favorite sign in Cameron: Pilot Life Sucks

Second favorite sign: March Madness Makes Me Hot (and the blond that was holding it, too! I have the picture saved, but have no way of posting it here.)
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

ANNOUNCER: Now introducing #5 Tywon Lawson

CRAZIES: HI TYWON, YOU SUCK

classic...

cheers

Crazies: (directed at Dick Pooparo after his usual series of bad, out-of-place calls against Duke)-"you suck Dick, you suck Dick.

K: (with microphone in hand)-"stop the you suck Dick cheer"

(several more bad, out-of-place calls later)

Crazies: "you suck (pause) Richard, you suck Richard"

Following a 20 point drubbing in Cameron in 2004, NC State player Julius Hodge made some ridiculous comment about how the Crazies bother him because "they're smart, got GPA's of 4.3 and they all smell bad." The next game was at home against Wake Forest. Some rather old gentleman somehow had a ticket in the student section opposite the Crazies, wearing his stupid tie-dye Wake shirt. He held a sign that said "4.3"

After the guy waved the sign around for a while and the confused Crazies tried to figure out what it meant, my friend started an instant classic:

While pointing at Wake Weirdo: "Size in inches! (Clap clap, clap-clap-clap)"

(1) extremely politically incorrect, but pointing at Julius Hodge: "Ten Cents a Day; Ten Cents a Day"

(2) Horvath . . . of the Hiiiillll People

(3) A couple years back there was a chant "lets get hungry" before the game started. It then turned into "Sean May's Hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by heath_harshman4 View Post

classic...
    what? how many games have you been to in cameron? 10 bucks says its less than 15.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Crazies: (directed at Dick Pooparo after his usual series of bad, out-of-place calls against Duke)-"you suck Dick, you suck Dick.

K: (with microphone in hand)-"stop the you suck Dick cheer"

(several more bad, out-of-place calls later)

Crazies: "you suck (pause) Richard, you suck Richard"
    never heard about that one. instantly one of my all time favorites.

i loved the sweat gary sweat, and anything making fun of sean may for being fat. including pasha dressed up as him chasing a big mac box on a string in '05

but my all time favorite would have to be "the monster's out of the cage!"

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    (3) A couple years back there was a chant "lets get hungry" before the game started. It then turned into "Sean May's Hungry"
    Not to be confused with the cheer for FSU's Big Jelly (Nigel something) "Please don't eat me (clap, clap, clap clap clap)"

classic...
    Putting the "you suck" after the introductions is totally classless, and I and so many others are glad that the crazies dropped it years ago. Please don't start again; it shows your ignorance. Leave it to the Maryland fans.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Maybe not favorites, but definitely memorable

Fall of 1994, we opened the season against Brown. That brought out cheers of "U-P-S, U-P-S."

Next game was against a much higher-ranked team, who weren't doing so well, prompting the cheer, "Brown was better (clap clap clap-clap-clap)."

And when Bill Cosby was in the crowd for a game against Temple (he's a proud Owl alum), not only was he a good sport and let the crowd pass him around, but he got saluted with the cheer, "Jell-o pudding (clap clap clap-clap-clap)."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Next game was against a much higher-ranked team, who weren't doing so well, prompting the cheer, "Brown was better (clap clap clap-clap-clap)."
    Florida State. Also, right before tipoff in that game, the band played the Notre Dame fight song, evoking the hyped FSU/ND football game of a few months earlier which ND won.

"Start the tractor" (Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap) when winning late in the game vs. NC State or other ag. schools

Last year against UNC: "Ty-ler Hans-brough PAINTS-HIS-TOES!!!" (to the tune of the "J.J. Red-ick Dyn-o-mite" chant).

For those of you who don't know, several guys on the UNC team proudly have admitted in interviews that they get pedicures together. It was priceless. Even the UNC guys were laughing.

Heh, I remember the Jell-o pudding chant quite well.

I was also a big fan of "J-Wil, J-Wil Rock You <clap-clap>"

another Big Jelly

I really loved Big Jelly from FSU. He was a great sport. Along with "Please don't eat me," the Crazies also yelled "Boom" "Boom" "Boom" every time he took a step as he ran down the court.

Of course, my favorite positive Crazie chant was "Who's Your Daddy? Battier!" My wife and I still chant that for games today.

a spoof on former Hole JR Reid-

I don't know if anyone remembers that rap song about 'big old, big old butt....', but, JR Reid certainly had a rather expansive south end back in the day.

Before the game, and player introductions, the Blue Devil comes out with about five (5) pillows stuffed into his posterior and then that rap song comes up loud, blaring over the new speakers in Cameron and he's wiggling that newly expanded butt all over the place.

He goes right down the middle of the court doing the Reid butt wiggle, with the crowd singing the song and Cameron goes crazy; when the lyrics of the song get to naming the people who have a big butt, everyone fills in "JR's got a big ole butt!.... JR's got a big ole butt!....".

I laughed so hard it hurt. Everytime I hear that song when I'm flippin' the radio, I instantly go back to Cameron. Great memories.

dth.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dukerev View Post
    I really loved Big Jelly from FSU. He was a great sport. Along with "Please don't eat me," the Crazies also yelled "Boom" "Boom" "Boom" every time he took a step as he ran down the court.

Of course, my favorite positive Crazie chant was "Who's Your Daddy? Battier!" My wife and I still chant that for games today.
    I think the Crazies also yelled "hey, hey, hey"(a la Fat Albert, in one of Bill Cosby's old comedy routines) as Nigel Dixon(?) thundered down the court.