Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Princeton Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

The Princeton tip-off is about 44 hours away. Place your pre-game discussion into this thread.

Princeton Basketball News

Maui Invitational
    Bob Green

Final score predictions anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Final score predictions anyone?
    Duke - a lot
    Princeton - a little
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Duke - a lot
    Princeton - a little
    I hope so, and I expect Duke to win more or less comfortably. But with their remarkable discipline and better than expected personnel, Princeton pretty much every year is one of those teams that it's virtually impossible to just blow out of the gym. I'll bite and say Duke 83, Princeton 67.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I hope so, and I expect Duke to win more or less comfortably. But with their remarkable discipline and better than expected personnel, Princeton pretty much every year is one of those teams that it's virtually impossible to just blow out of the gym. I'll bite and say Duke 83, Princeton 67.
    I would say that wilson is pretty close to the mark. I'll buy that final score.

I don't really think we're talking about a Princeton team like in the past that had the experience and discipline to play their tempo. Duke will trap and pressure, and cause way more turnovers than Iona or Central Connecticut could possibly cause. I'd be shocked if Princeton scored over 60.

Duke-87
    Princeton-62

Lots of fast break points, hopefully Zoubek gets in the double digit rebounds, King hits some 3s, and Paulus keeps the Turnovers down...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Princeton was 11-17 last year, including 2-12 in the Ivy League. They've gone through a coaching change and are trying to get back to the level they're accustomed to, but right now the Princeton you're envisioning doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mepanchin View Post
    I don't really think we're talking about a Princeton team like in the past that had the experience and discipline to play their tempo. Duke will trap and pressure, and cause way more turnovers than Iona or Central Connecticut could possibly cause. I'd be shocked if Princeton scored over 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Princeton was 11-17 last year, including 2-12 in the Ivy League. They've gone through a coaching change and are trying to get back to the level they're accustomed to, but right now the Princeton you're envisioning doesn't exist.
    gotta agree with both here. i recall reading/hearing somewhere that they were one of the, if not the, lowest scorers in college last year. and add in all the stuff jumbo said and i think we should be able win by 20+.

on another note, I would like to see zoub crack 15 min. i think his development could really help this team down the road. though i'm optimistic to this point about our main post presence of singler, lance and taylor, zoubek's development could be key this year and will certainly be for the next two after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Jumbo pretty much nails it. I'm hoping/expecting us to be up big at halftime (20+) and then slow it down some in the 2nd and try to develop our halfcourt offense, get Zoubek a little more involved, and save our legs for the next two days.

I think by wednesday our depth may really pay off. 3 games in 3 days is hard enough this early in the season, but with maui's legendary heat on the court you may see some very tired teams on wednesday. Assuming we make it to the title game, we could be in a very strong position.

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    I think by wednesday our depth may really pay off. 3 games in 3 days is hard enough this early in the season, but with maui's legendary heat on the court you may see some very tired teams on wednesday. Assuming we make it to the title game, we could be in a very strong position.
    I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and it is very pleasant there in late November. Maui in November is much cooler than North Carolina in August or September. However, I agree that our depth should pay dividends in a 3 games in 3 days tournament.

Current Lahaina weather: 75 degrees at 5:45 pm HST with a high of 84 and a low of 66. http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USHI0055.html
    Bob Green

FYI, Duke has opened as 22-point favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and it is very pleasant there in late November. Maui in November is much cooler than North Carolina in August or September. However, I agree that our depth should pay dividends in a 3 games in 3 days tournament.

Current Lahaina weather: 75 degrees at 5:45 pm HST with a high of 84 and a low of 66. http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USHI0055.html
    yea but people get cramps here with much greater frequency than they do elsewhere, sure 3 games in 3 days doesnt help but the climate is certainly a factor and i agree that our depth could be a difference maker if we play marquette

Duke-69
    Princeton-41

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    Duke-69
    Princeton-41
    no offense, but why don't u let us do the math.

Duke 89
    Princeton 60

I understand they play some sort of funny offense. I'll look into this a bit and get back to everyone.

Princeton offense

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I understand they play some sort of funny offense. I'll look into this a bit and get back to everyone.
    Looks like the home page beat you to it, or did you write that preview, you sly dog

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    yea but people get cramps here with much greater frequency than they do elsewhere, sure 3 games in 3 days doesnt help but the climate is certainly a factor and i agree that our depth could be a difference maker if we play marquette
    It's not the heat - it's the humidity.

Duke 82
    Princeton 54