Duke Football Schedule 2008 and 2009

Does anyone know what non-conference games Duke will play in 2008 and 2009 ?

Thank you

The Shadow knows

Here you go...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...uke_future.htm

My beef with these: in my opinion, we should be scheduling Tulane and Rice. EVERY YEAR. Similar D-1 schools that will always be winnable games.

Everybody's always talking about us playing small private schools, but what I'd like to see more of is BCS state schools who tend to be at the bottom of their conferences. Nobody's going to notice if you beat Tulane. Further, if non-conference games are really an outlet for recruiting exposure (I've always been skeptical, but it's conventional wisdom), then a lot more people actually attend larger schools' games and they're more likely to be on TV than Rice is.

There's a problem though: that may have been the idea with KU, and oops they're 10-0 this year.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Perhaps an even more basic question

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Does anyone know what non-conference games Duke will play in 2008 and 2009 ?
    Initially, when I read this question, my response was:
    Does anyone know what conference games Duke will play in 2008 & 2009?

Thanks for the link; it provides the answer.

I am STILL having trouble with the expanded ACC.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Poptart View Post
    http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...uke_future.htm

My beef with these: in my opinion, we should be scheduling Tulane and Rice. EVERY YEAR. Similar D-1 schools that will always be winnable games.
    I disagree. Duke should play its 4 non conference games each year against, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice and Stanford, all schools with the same high academic standards as Duke.Then when you add in Virginia, UNC, Boston College and Wake, 2/3 of the games would be played against schools with either equal academic standards as Duke or schools, while not being the equal, are universities with high academic reputations.
    Last edited by NYC Duke Fan; 11-16-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: left out 2 words

I think Duke should play its non conference schedule against better competition not worse. High impact players don't get excited about going off to college to play Richmond, Rice, Northwestern...etc. Play big dominate programs that put us on TV. RAISE THE BAR! Plenty of 4 and 5 star guys can handle the academics at Duke but might care more about the quality of football than education. If you just want winnable games then play 4 D3 schools at home, it's not like we have been close to bowl eligible anyway.

Seriously I don’t want players that care more about education than football. I would imagine that we have some basketball players who care more about hoops than education.

The education is a perk and they get it for free for their athletic ability not the other way around.

We need wins. D-1 wins.

And no, I don't think we should play Richmond (D-1AA) or D-3 schools. I want to be bowl eligible. We're in a conference with football heavyweights (VT, FSU, Clemson) who don't have much in common with Duke as a university. Why would we load up on MORE of those out of conference? Are you a masochist?

What harm does it do for Duke/Vandy/Northwestern/Navy/Rice/Tulane/Stanford to schedule each other? They're similar schools, they often get beat up in their conference games, and the games against each other are competitive.

Raise the bar??? In case you haven't noticed, we have PLENTY of chances each season to beat high profile programs, or at least higher profile programs - it's called our ACC schedule! Until we start winning those games regularly, what business do we have filling out the rest of our schedule with football powers who will crush us? After we lose 48-7 to Virginia Tech, instead of playing Navy or Northwestern and having a chance, we can go out to Texas or USC and lose 50-14. Wheeee! Having fun yet?

Duke football is on life support. We have to find ways to get winning seasons against D-1 teams. Any D-1 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Poptart View Post
    We need wins. D-1 wins.

And no, I don't think we should play Richmond (D-1AA) or D-3 schools. I want to be bowl eligible. We're in a conference with football heavyweights (VT, FSU, Clemson) who don't have much in common with Duke as a university. Why would we load up on MORE of those out of conference? Are you a masochist?

What harm does it do for Duke/Vandy/Northwestern/Navy/Rice/Tulane/Stanford to schedule each other? They're similar schools, they often get beat up in their conference games, and the games against each other are competitive.

Raise the bar??? In case you haven't noticed, we have PLENTY of chances each season to beat high profile programs, or at least higher profile programs - it's called our ACC schedule! Until we start winning those games regularly, what business do we have filling out the rest of our schedule with football powers who will crush us? After we lose 48-7 to Virginia Tech, instead of playing Navy or Northwestern and having a chance, we can go out to Texas or USC and lose 50-14. Wheeee! Having fun yet?

Duke football is on life support. We have to find ways to get winning seasons against D-1 teams. Any D-1 teams.
    You are correct and my expectations are way out of touch with reality.