Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It did make for an amusing pseudo-inside joke (for slightly older gamers) in "Knights of the Old Republic", however.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Here's a question: What was one of your all-time least favorite Star Trek (Kirk version) episodes?

For me, it was the one with the dudes that had the black and white faces. I know Rodenberry was making a statement on bigotry and racism, but still, that episode sucked.

-EarlJam
    I'm losing my Chris-Duhon-301-post-title, but you had to mention Kirk.

Kirk! KIRK!!!!!!

My least favorite ST-TOS episode had to be the one with the Space Hippies in it. Yuck.

One of the hippies name I was, I kid you not, Tongo Rad. And how can one possibly top this dialog I just found on Google:

Spock: "One."
    Adam: "We are one."
    Spock: "One is the beginning."
    Adam: "You one, Herbert?"
    Spock: "I am not Herbert."
    Adam (aside): "He's not Herbert – we reach."

Way to groovy for me.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Fans often list "The Trouble with Tribbles" as one of their favorite episodes.

I hated it. H-A-T-E-D it.

-EJ
    Are you kidding me? GREAT episode.

It even spawned one of the better DS9 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I'm losing my Chris-Duhon-301-post-title, but you had to mention Kirk.

Kirk! KIRK!!!!!!

My least favorite ST-TOS episode had to be the one with the Space Hippies in it. Yuck.

One of the hippies name I was, I kid you not, Tongo Rad. And how can one possibly top this dialog I just found on Google:

Spock: "One."
    Adam: "We are one."
    Spock: "One is the beginning."
    Adam: "You one, Herbert?"
    Spock: "I am not Herbert."
    Adam (aside): "He's not Herbert – we reach."

Way to groovy for me.
    That's hilarious! I remember thinking they were going to kiss. That's the episode where Spock got to play his funked out musical instrument. I also remember very clearly the Hippies' theme song:

"Steppin' out to Eden.....yea brother!"

-James Tiberius EarlJam

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    That's hilarious! I remember thinking they were going to kiss. That's the episode where Spock got to play his funked out musical instrument. I also remember very clearly the Hippies' theme song:

"Steppin' out to Eden.....yea brother!"

-James Tiberius EarlJam
    Ok, mentioning Spock and Hippies' songs is just wrong. It just immediately and irrevocably conjures up images of The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins, and thus, I'm scarred for the rest of the week.

But then, I never really liked TOS as much as any of the later treks.

Deslok

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Here's a question: What was one of your all-time least favorite Star Trek (Kirk version) episodes?

For me, it was the one with the dudes that had the black and white faces. I know Rodenberry was making a statement on bigotry and racism, but still, that episode sucked.

-EarlJam
    As much as I love Star Trek, I have to admit that there are many episodes that really sucked. Some of my least favorites:

1. Who Mourns for Adonis?
    2. Catspaw
    3. Wolf in the Fold
    4. The Gamesters of Triskelion
    5. The Omega Glory
    6. Break and Circuses
    7. The Way to Eden
    8. And the Children Shall Lead
    9. Is There In Truth No Beauty?
    10. Spectre of the Gun
    11. Plato's Stepchildren
    12. The Empath
    13. The Mark of Gideon
    14. The Cloud Minders
    15. Turnabout Intruder

...but my all-time least favorite episode: "Spock's Brain"

"You are morg, we are eyemorg!"
    "Brain, brain, what is brain?"
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Ok, mentioning Spock and Hippies' songs is just wrong. It just immediately and irrevocably conjures up images of The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins, and thus, I'm scarred for the rest of the week.

But then, I never really liked TOS as much as any of the later treks.

Deslok
    I hate you, and I mean hate you, for posting that link. It was like a train wreck. I didn't want to watch but couldn't look away. I didn't think I could ever see anything worse than the videos from the Hof that were floating around here a little while ago. I was wrong. I was very very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    Very stupid episode.
    Very stupid series.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I hate you, and I mean hate you, for posting that link. It was like a train wreck. I didn't want to watch but couldn't look away. I didn't think I could ever see anything worse than the videos from the Hof that were floating around here a little while ago. I was wrong. I was very very wrong.
    WTF!? I just watched the link. How stoned do you think he was during the shoot? That's just awful, highly illogical!

-EarlJam

This sounds like a thread in mid-Hijack

They're people! People!!

That was AWFUL, but not as bad as the Hof. Nimoy knew he wasn't a singer; the Hof, on the other hand, actually still thinks he's a singer.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    They're people! People!!

That was AWFUL, but not as bad as the Hof. Nimoy knew he wasn't a singer; the Hof, on the other hand, actually still thinks he's a singer.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Agreed. The "Awful" nod goes to the Hof video. I still have nightmares about that one.

Hey Lavabe, Wilson, up for a few Bee-Urz on Saturday or Sunday?

-EarlJam

I am with JB on Brain of Spock as being a truly horrid episode. I also hated the space hippies. Does that make me a Herbert?

Better question-- what is your favorite classic Trek episode. This is really hard!! No fair listing 4 or 5 faves, we are talking your #1 favorite episode. I really need to think about this one.

My early candidates are:

• Amok Time- when Spock gets that 7-year-itch and ends up killing Kirk
    • Mirror, Mirror- the first time we go into the "alternate universe" where everyone good is evil
    • City on the Edge of Forever- where Kirk lets Joan Collins die so he can preserve history
    • The Menagerie- The 2-part episode made from the original pilot with Commander Christopher Pike.
    • The Enterprise Incident- Where it appears Kirk has gone crazy but is really a plot to steal a cloaking device from the Romulans.
    • Day of the Dove- Where an alien being forces people to fight and pits the Enterprise crew against a bunch of Klingons

--Jason "this is not gonna be easy!" Evan

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am with JB on Brain of Spock as being a truly horrid episode. I also hated the space hippies. Does that make me a Herbert?

Better question-- what is your favorite classic Trek episode. This is really hard!! No fair listing 4 or 5 faves, we are talking your #1 favorite episode. I really need to think about this one.

My early candidates are:

• Mirror, Mirror- the first time we go into the "alternate universe" where everyone good is evil
    • City on the Edge of Forever- where Kirk lets Joan Collins die so he can preserve history
    • The Menagerie- The 2-part episode made from the original pilot with Commander Christopher Pike.
    • The Enterprise Incident- Where it appears Kirk has gone crazy but is really a plot to steal a cloaking device from the Romulans.
    • Day of the Dove- Where an alien being forces people to fight and pits the Enterprise crew against a bunch of Klingons

I believe Shatner listed "City on the Edge of Forever" as his favorite. Can't blame him. He got to kiss Joan Collins. She was freakin' beautiful.

That said, a few of my favorites are:

1. City on the Edge of Forever
    2. Amok Time (how could you not enjoy Spock's antics?)
    3. The Doomsday Machine (Commodore Decker!)
    4. That episode with the Yangs and the Cons

-EarlJam

Questions prior to voting...

What was the name of the episode with all the good-looking androids? Was that "Spock's Brain".

Then there was the episode with Harry Mudd when he as, essentially, bringing hookers to the miners but, the hookers were really ugly unless they drank some potion?

What about the "Horta" episode? Who can forget Spock mind-melding with the Horta?

PAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    They're people! People!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    So do the Germans for some unexplained reason.

So do the Germans for some unexplained reason.
    Pfffffffffft! Germans.

They lost all credibilty with me the moment they attacked Pearl Harbor.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    What was the name of the episode with all the good-looking androids? Was that "Spock's Brain".

Then there was the episode with Harry Mudd when he as, essentially, bringing hookers to the miners but, the hookers were really ugly unless they drank some potion?

What about the "Horta" episode? Who can forget Spock mind-melding with the Horta?

PAIN!
    1. They weren't androids in "Spock's Brain". Perhaps you're thinking about the second Harry Mudd episode, "I, Mudd", wherein Harry had legions of attractive female-shaped robots that wouldn't let him leave.

2. The first Harry Mudd episode to which you refer is "Mudd's Women".

3. The Horta episode is "Devil in the Dark".
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

My early candidates are:

I think there are only a dozen or so really good TOS episodes. For my money, "Balance of Terror" is the best. That's the one with the Enterprise duking it out with a Romulan ship in a Trek version of the classic sub movie "The Enemy Below".
    JBDuke

I believe Shatner listed "City on the Edge of Forever" as his favorite. Can't blame him. He got to kiss Joan Collins. She was freakin' beautiful.

That said, a few of my favorites are:

1. City on the Edge of Forever
    2. Amok Time (how could you not enjoy Spock's antics?)
    3. The Doomsday Machine (Commodore Decker!)
    4. That episode with the Yangs and the Cons

-EarlJam
    I believe that was the Yangs and the Cooms, as in Yanks and Communists. I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America... A great episode and among my favorites, but perhaps one of the least shown in repeats. Mudd's Women, Trouble With Tribbles, City on the Edge of Forever, I could watch 'em over and over! I liked the one with Gary Seven, too.

Time travel always peaks my interest, in any of the Star Trek Series. My favorite NG episode is "Cause and Affect", which I nicknamed "Time Warp Loop", where the Enterprise collides with Frazier's ship as it emerges from a nebula and they go back in time until they can send themselves a message in the future and Data interprets the number 3 to mean take Riker's suggestion to blow the cargo bay doors to move the ships apart.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I think there are only a dozen or so really good TOS episodes.
    Agreed-- I sometimes struggle to come up with why it created such a lasting craze. Frankly, it was really cheesy at times. I guess, at the time, we were really starved for anything sci-fi and even remotely realistic/intelligent.

Frankly, naming the best TNG episode would be virtually impossible. There dozens of episodes of that series that are far better than anything done in the original and since. TNG was the height of sci-fi on TV and it ain't even close, IMO.

--Jason "when they killed Tasha Yar in such a seemingly meaningless and random way, I was blown away... but when they sorta brought her back a few years later my jaw hit the floor" Evans