A monumentous day for Itunes

They finally got Led Zeppelin.
    ~rthomas

And here I thought you were going to say, "they're finally getting some real competition because Zune 2.0 launched today!"

-DA (your resident MSFT fangrrl )

Too bad for Zeppelin, I already, um, downloaded all their songs (5 gigs!) years ago in a different manner...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And here I thought you were going to say, "they're finally getting some real competition because Zune 2.0 launched today!"

-DA (your resident MSFT fangrrl )
    LOL. Zune.

In fairness, though, Uncle Walt views this rev as a big improvement on the 'strike out' of the first rev. However, he concludes that the iPod Touch has raised the bar even higher:

Microsoft has greatly improved the Zune hardware and software this time. But it seems to be competing with Apple's last efforts, not its newest ones.
    (Your resident Apple fanboi )

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    LOL. Zune.

In fairness, though, Uncle Walt views this rev as a big improvement on the 'strike out' of the first rev. However, he concludes that the iPod Touch has raised the bar even higher:

(Your resident Apple fanboi )

Speaking of this..I'm trying to decide between getting an iPhone or keeping my current phone and getting a touch. I like the idea of everything being on one device but wonder if that also means more crashes, dead batteries, etc..any advice from iPhone/Touch users?

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear View Post
    Speaking of this..I'm trying to decide between getting an iPhone or keeping my current phone and getting a touch. I like the idea of everything being on one device but wonder if that also means more crashes, dead batteries, etc..any advice from iPhone/Touch users?
    I've never used a Touch, but I haven't had any issues with my iPhone. Battery life is great, the thing is solid, the software just works. Basically, everything you would expect and hope for in a do-everything device. And it's nice to only ever use one pocket for phone, media, etc.

I've never used a Touch, but I haven't had any issues with my iPhone. Battery life is great, the thing is solid, the software just works. Basically, everything you would expect and hope for in a do-everything device. And it's nice to only ever use one pocket for phone, media, etc.
    Great..Thanks.. Getting down to just one pocket is exactly my goal...

Meanwhile, 20% of NYU students say they would give up their vote for an iPod Touch.

Meanwhile, 20% of NYU students say they would give up their vote for an iPod Touch.
    I'm sure Hillary can pay that much. Snap! Just kidding.

I want a Touch, but concerned it's not going to hold all my music. So I may keep my big Ipod for home (I have it hooked up to my stereo) and use the touch when I need to be cool.
    ~rthomas

iPhone

I love my iPhone, and I was skeptical at first. It seemed like a lot of money ($399 for an 8GB model, which is pretty much the only one they sell these days) and I didn't see how it could possibly be worth it. Especially since on a grad school salary, that represents about half of my take-home pay in a month.

Well, let me tell you -- it's worth it. Every penny. As billybreen says, it's everything you would expect or hope for. It's tough, too -- I've already dropped it once, sans a protective case, and it's been just fine. (I'll be investing in a case soon, believe me.)

ilounge isn't as high on the touch as the iphone. i suggest to research it further before getting a touch. iphone would be great if it had about 40 gb and gps.