Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post
    Sometimes stats don't say everything. Coach K specifically noted that Thomas had an excellent game.
    Agreed. I charted just to see if I could pick up on any trends, and largely because I just hadn't done anything like that in a while. But I, too, thought Thomas played well, and anyone using one game's plus/minus ratio to jump all over him is barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    I agree with him.

I also thought Zoub looked better than I had been expecting, primarily on defense. Last year some of those moves would have been fouls. We're definitely weaker in the big positions than elsewhere, and good teams will be able to exploit that. But I thought both these guys showed some improvement over last year.
    No offense intended, but if Zoubek was better than you were expecting, what exactly were your expectations?

I'm convinced there is a genetic predisposition for 7'0" tall men to bring the ball down to their knees before making a move in traffic. If you've got the gene, you'll do it your entire career. If you don't, you're golden. Unfortunately, 55 seems to not only be a carrier, but an affected individual. I went nuts last night when he grabbed a board and then promptly handed the ball to the man guarding him, who was considerably shorter. He may stand 7'0" tall, but he plays about 6'6". Hopefully this can be coached out of him, but it seems like a very hard habit to break for big men.