Complexity of the offense?

I will be the first to admit that I do not understand motion offense well (or for that matter always know when it's being run) but given the youth/inexperience of this team, I wonder if the offense would have been more efficient with more set plays and less flexibility/complexity? Anyone with more bball IQ than I have any thoughts?

The motion was not the problem

Duke did not get stops- that is why they lost. Their O was fine tonight. Turnovers and lack of D was the problem.

Id like to see a new offense too! I would like to see more post play and isolation that would free up our shooters! it seems all our big men are used for is setting screens!

Defensive rebounding certainly would have helped down the stretch as well. Way too many second chance opportunities for the Pack tonight. We nearly lost the game in regulation after giving them 3 extra second to work with after ANOTHER missed rebound attempt.

Frustrating just to think about. What a sad night...

Sorry I wasn't clearer: I actually wasn't thinking about tonight -- I agree tonight was about D. I was just wondering what might have helped the team progress more over the course of the season.

It WAS the defense.

Agreed! Our defense has not been good for the past few games. Even the games we won during the second half of February did not showcase excellent defense for 40 minutes. Granted, this was an overtime game, but NCSU had only scored more than 80 points in 3 ACC games and 3 creampuff games this year. If we have any hope at a decent NCAA Tourney, our defense will have to step up and quit allowing easy inside buckets. I agree with another poster who noted that we are switching on screens WAY to easily.

I asked the same question a number of games ago. But, I agree that in this game, defence was the difference. We just could not get the stop when we needed it. I kept expecting a tournover with a Duke dunk. It just did not happen. NC State took care of the ball. What a difference make Atsur is. Just wait until next year when Paulus and DM and Josh have another year under their bealt. I can't wait!n