View Poll Results: Who was the MOTM against NCCU?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nelson

0 0%
  • Paulus

3 3.26%
  • Pocius

2 2.17%
  • Henderson

9 9.78%
  • Thomas

2 2.17%
  • Scheyer

12 13.04%
  • Zoubek

1 1.09%
  • Singler

35 38.04%
  • King

26 28.26%
  • Smith

1 1.09%
  • Davidson

1 1.09%

Who was the Man of the Match

Okay, who was the MOTM in the NCCU game?
    Bob Green

Several played a very good game: Thomas, King, Henderson. Singler was without a doubt the "man of the match." It seemed as if he was involved in every point scored.

Gerald Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    Several played a very good game: Thomas, King, Henderson. Singler was without a doubt the "man of the match." It seemed as if he was involved in every point scored.
    Henderson had the offensive highlight ( an out of this world ally-oop!) and the defensive highlight (the flying block) last night. Gerald gets my vote on a night when all were outstanding. I almost voted for Lance Thomas - he had 2 steals for coast to coast buckets!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Scheyer

I'm surprised that he's not getting more votes. Singler had a great game, but so did Scheyer.

Stat formula

If I can't watch the game, I use a simple stat formula:

Points + Rebounds + Assists + Blocks + Steals - TO's

And the winner is . . . Taylor King!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm surprised that he's not getting more votes. Singler had a great game, but so did Scheyer.
    I voted for Scheyer as well. I'm starting to wonder if he may eventually rank as 'the most taken for granted of all time' The kid averaged double figures as a freshman and few got excited about that. What more does the kid have to do?

I didn't actually see the game but listening to the play-by-play he had just about everything to do with every play while he was in there. And look at the box score. Who assisted on a lot of those Taylor King shots? hmm... Who led the team in minutes?

I'm betting we could be watching one of the more well-rounded Duke guards we've seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I voted for Scheyer as well. I'm starting to wonder if he may eventually rank as 'the most taken for granted of all time' The kid averaged double figures as a freshman and few got excited about that. What more does the kid have to do?

I didn't actually see the game but listening to the play-by-play he had just about everything to do with every play while he was in there. And look at the box score. Who assisted on a lot of those Taylor King shots? hmm... Who led the team in minutes?

I'm betting we could be watching one of the more well-rounded Duke guards we've seen in a long time.
    I agree with you. Jon is not overly flashy, he just plays the game. He shoots well, defends well, rebounds and distributes. He is one of the most solid on the team. No Sportscenter dunks, just a winner.

Seems some want style rather than substance.

Singler was just overwhelmingly awesome. I think he may be the best BASKETBALL player, not athlete, not shooter, not scorer, not player overall, but best pure basketball player Duke has had in a long time. He's just always in the right place and seems like he's always making the smart play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I also voted for Scheyer. He really is so underappreciated. It's amazing to think that our MVP is coming off the bench.

who are these people who voted for paulus?

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    who are these people who voted for paulus?
    must be the brothers of the guy that voted for Davidson.

Seems that people on this board always have props for Henderson, yet rarely for Scheyer. Glad to see that some voted for him in this game.