Scheduling Snafu - UL sues Duke

Just wondering what everyone thought about Louisville's lawsuit:

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-3091514.shtml

Is it crazy to expect a competent AD who can prevent these things from happening?

i'd say "similar stature" should apply strictly to the football team itself, any "stature" related to academics or the basketball team shouldn't really apply. therefore, any Div I football team is a suitable replacement for Duke.

Maybe they could get a game with Appalachian State!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    i'd say "similar stature" should apply strictly to the football team itself, any "stature" related to academics or the basketball team shouldn't really apply. therefore, any Div I football team is a suitable replacement for Duke.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when they said Indiana State was the replacement. I definitely thought that was suitable considering they can't be much worse than Duke. But then I actually looked up their record and I was wrong. Indiana State is not even in the Bowl Subdivision. They're in the Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) with a record of 0-10 this season. They are one of 6 teams without a win in the FCS. Surely, Duke is better than that and would have a much better record if we were in the FCS.

This is embarrassing on so many levels.

Because of Duke's cancellation three years ago, Louisville has an opening in 2008 and two (!!) openings in 2009. No BCS-eligible team is willing to play them? Is there any reason for them to be such a pariah?

Joe Alleva is a genius !

According the the lawsuit by Louisville, each football game nets $150K . If Alleva cancels the next couple of years of games and we save the costs of fielding a team , I think the budget of the Athletic Department would be much improved.