Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke FB v. Georgia Tech

Duke hosts Georgia Tech in the last home game on Saturday. Georgia Tech has had a disappointing season. After playing in the conference championship last year, they have fallen to 5-4 & 2-4 so far this year. Their season opening dismantling of Notre Dame was impressive in September, but it is November.

Here's to Duke putting an exclamation point onto GT's disappointment.
    Bob Green

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Choice

Duke is getting GT at a good time. Their guys have to be dissapointed. They really fell apart against VT on national TV and a fair amount of their fanbase wants Gailey gone (be careful what you wish for?). Is this team ready to throw in the towel?

Is Chioce back for this game? He is the heart and soul of that team.

Wink Our Best Bet?

Thanks to Bob Green, as always, for the words of hope and encouragement. With all of the giddy excitement on this board over a possible surprise at Notre Dame, the Tech game would seem to offer a better chance. Tech is a bit banged up, psychologically as well as physically. There may also be the residual effect of the obvious frustration and despair that set in last week against VT that might turn to Duke's advantage.

There's the possibility that Duke's visit to South Bend next weekend may represent a reasonable chance at two in a row. If that happens, bring on the Heels!

i'm hoping duke takes care of business tomorrow and extends the ga. tech losing streak to 2 games in route to their 4 game losing streak to end the season. a true rambling wreck.

Duke vs GT

Perhaps TR and our guys have the plan of 3 in a row for closing out the year and reaching that 3-4 win plateau as we hoped....

Relatively quiet on the football front...at least with regards to expectations

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Relatively quiet on the football front...at least with regards to expectations
    Heck, the game in which the ball bounces properly has started. What do you expect on DBR?

Yeah, but they played last night. You can only talk about a game against NCCU(or anyone else)for so long. Which means you need new material...

BTW, game appears to be available this week on Yahoo!

I think Duke has a reasonable shot at winning this game. When was Duke's last ACC win?

2004 versus Clemson

Any one able to get the Yahoo! clip working, it is just coming across as unavailable for me.

BTW, down 7-0 as I type.

7-7 now. But if we're going to let Taylor freaking Bennett pass all over us, it's going to be a long day.

34-24 with the 4th Quarter just underway. We are within 10 points and need to put together a strong ending. This game is still up for grabs.
    Bob Green

Yep, we are in their territory and driving with around 11 minutes to go

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yep, we are in their territory and driving with around 11 minutes to go
    Moments later -- after an offensive line mess-up resulted in a sack and then a mixup of the QBs feet left us with 3rd and 20-something-- we were punting. Tech took the ball inside their own 20 and promptly drove the length of the field to put the game out of reach at 41-24.

While I want these guys to succeed and really want Roof to show he can be the coach of a successful team at Duke for the long haul, this game wasn't really as close as the 34-24 4th quarter score indicated. We generated almost no offense the entire game.

Our 10 points in the first half came on a defensive TD when we returned a fumle for a TD and when we got an interception inside the Tech 20 and did actually lost 4 yards before kicking a 40-yard FG. We scored in the 3rd quarter after a blocked punt when we got the ball at the Tech 11. The only real offensive TD we got was when we sprung Riley for a 60+ yard TD pass. You cannot imagine how many 3-and-out offensive series we had. We had the ball for more than 5 plays exactly once the entire game. That is a stunning statistic. Consider that for a minute... only one time did we get more than 1 first down. And that drive was saved by a conversion on 3rd and 17 or we would not have strung together consecutive 1st downs the entire game (I think).

We are truly lucky the score was not more like 41-10.

Sigh... 149 yards of total offense... almost half of them on one play. I just don't know anymore. I just don't know.

--Jason "sorry, this was just really frustrating" Evans

It's over, 41-24 with GA Tech scoring another TD in the 4th quarter to finalize the scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I just don't know anymore. I just don't know.

--Jason "sorry, this was just really frustrating" Evans
    I think I know how you feel. At this point, not much to say good or bad...

Duke punted 12 times for 452 yards. That is 37.6 yards per punt. We have lost the field position game all year.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke punted 12 times for 452 yards. That is 37.6 yards per punt. We have lost the field position game all year.
    12 punts?!?!?! That has to be close to some record. That is an insane numbers of times to punt the ball. That's like 2 or 3 games worth of punts for many teams. We were 2-16 on 3rd down.

--Jason "I bet we lead the ACC in total punting yardage " Evans

What's even more disappointing is to have a pass oriented offense, with talents like Thad and Eron and not being able to amass more than 200 yards of offense.