roids investigation

Eleven current free agents will be named in former Senator George Mitchell's report on steroids use in baseball and all 11 players have been notified by the commissioner's office, The Boston Globe reported on its Web site Thursday afternoon.

The newspaper, citing two agents who attended Wednesday's union meeting in New York, said the agents confirmed this news Thursday.

Jose Guillen, a free-agent linked to a Florida anti-aging clinic at the center of a federal investigation into illegal steroid sales, is one of the 11 players who allegedly bought steroids, The Globe reported.

Baseball team officials were told last month to be prepared for Mitchell, a former Senate Majority Leader and director of the Boston Red Sox, to issue his report by the end of the year.

anyone want to make some guesses?

also, how in the world do you name the director of one of the teams to head up the investigation?!?

Strictly Guesses:

Aaron Boone (his brother seems to be a poster child for roids)
    Michael Barrett
    Sandy Alomar Jr (was a star in the roids hay day)
    Jeff Conine
    Cliff Floyd
    Marcus Giles
    Louis Gonzales
    Ryan Klesko
    Mike Piazza

This is a pure conjecture and the height of speculation. I have no basis other than what I think may be the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbb03 View Post
    Eleven current free agents will be named in former Senator George Mitchell's report on steroids use in baseball and all 11 players have been notified by the commissioner's office, The Boston Globe reported on its Web site Thursday afternoon.

The newspaper, citing two agents who attended Wednesday's union meeting in New York, said the agents confirmed this news Thursday.

Jose Guillen, a free-agent linked to a Florida anti-aging clinic at the center of a federal investigation into illegal steroid sales, is one of the 11 players who allegedly bought steroids, The Globe reported.

Baseball team officials were told last month to be prepared for Mitchell, a former Senate Majority Leader and director of the Boston Red Sox, to issue his report by the end of the year.

anyone want to make some guesses?

also, how in the world do you name the director of one of the teams to head up the investigation?!?
    Sad, the guy goes from trying to broker a Mid-East peace to getting mega bucks to look at player pee. And, we wonder why there's no progress on the pee, oops, peace, front.

I say that Mitchell and Buddy boy should be made to pee in cups at least once a week for the rest of their lives.

And, George S, and his sons, have to be on something, right? Might not be roids, but it has to be exotic mushrooms. I mean, Joe Torre even for a time made George likeable. And, that run in 2001, come on. Nope, whatever those guys are on, I want me some of that!

How many games do these guys play. If they're lucky and loose big, only short of 200 counting preason, right? No double headers neither. And, thanks to he with no name that moved the Dodgers to another Universe, they spend more time in airplanes than Emilea, and she lived to fly. If Jackie Jansen were playing today, they'd have to fill him so full of the tranquilizers they give to horses that he'd neigh at press conferences (a nickel if anyone under 60 knows if I made that name up).

So, what's your point here, greybeard, I mean, this is funny and all, but please, a point. You mean that there is a point to this investigation by Mitchell that anyone should care about? Oops, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Sad, the guy goes from trying to broker a Mid-East peace to getting mega bucks to look at player pee. And, we wonder why there's no progress on the pee, oops, peace, front.

I say that Mitchell and Buddy boy should be made to pee in cups at least once a week for the rest of their lives.

And, George S, and his sons, have to be on something, right? Might not be roids, but it has to be exotic mushrooms. I mean, Joe Torre even for a time made George likeable. And, that run in 2001, come on. Nope, whatever those guys are on, I want me some of that!

How many games do these guys play. If they're lucky and loose big, only short of 200 counting preason, right? No double headers neither. And, thanks to he with no name that moved the Dodgers to another Universe, they spend more time in airplanes than Emilea, and she lived to fly. If Jackie Jansen were playing today, they'd have to fill him so full of the tranquilizers they give to horses that he'd neigh at press conferences (a nickel if anyone under 60 knows if I made that name up).

So, what's your point here, greybeard, I mean, this is funny and all, but please, a point. You mean that there is a point to this investigation by Mitchell that anyone should care about? Oops, my bad.
    I recognize that the words you are writing are part of the English language but the way in which they are put together makes no sense to me.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I recognize that the words you are writing are part of the English language but the way in which they are put together makes no sense to me.

Sorry.
    So vat else is new, boshcala (spelling, of an endearing Yiddish term, I am an equal opportunity horrendous speller).

Grey "it's all the roman circus after all the great gladiators were gone and the games were a farce is my message" beard