Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it bad to feel sorry for Britney?

She has had the ultimate bad run lately. As with everyone else, i have theories as to why but they are unimportant. however, now she has to pay Kevin's legal fees.
    Britney Spears has been ordered to pay $120,000 in legal fees to her ex-husband Kevin Federline, who was awarded temporary custody of their young sons.

Superior Court Commissioner Scott M. Gordon ordered the pop star to pony up that much of the $154,500 in legal fees that Federline owes to his attorney, according to court papers filed Tuesday.
    Is this just piling on?

She who dealt it smelt it.
    ~rthomas

Yes, it is.

After reading this, I don't feel sorry for her at all. Such a waste.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/enterta...tody_1102.html

Sorry, I think you have to register to read. It's about how she earns over $700,000 a month and saves NONE OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    She has had the ultimate bad run lately. As with everyone else, i have theories as to why but they are unimportant. however, now she has to pay Kevin's legal fees.

Is this just piling on?
    No - she brought this all on herself (and, that total is like a few days of her income (even now) as per the listing of income and expense she filed in the proceedings.)

Wow, nearly unanimous no sympathy for Britney here.

Feel sorry for her if you want to.

But, feel sorrier for those poor, darling babies.

Love,
    Ima "Bless the beasts and the children" Facultiwyfe

I do feel sorry for her, primarily because it's clear she wasn't raised in a way that allows her to cope with all the pressures of public life while maintaining a semi-normal private one.

She's been in the spotlight since her pre-teen years; her parents had a responsibility to try and instill sort of family support/structure/network that would have given her a basis on which to start her own family structure. Granted, they may have tried to do that and she rejected it, but still, it's clear she doesn't have any mechanisms in place to deal with all her current stresses, besides continuing to act like a child herself.

Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    She has had the ultimate bad run lately. As with everyone else, i have theories as to why...
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I do feel sorry for her, primarily because it's clear she wasn't raised in a way that allows her to cope with all the pressures of public life while maintaining a semi-normal private one.

She's been in the spotlight since her pre-teen years; her parents had a responsibility to try and instill sort of family support/structure/network that would have given her a basis on which to start her own family structure. Granted, they may have tried to do that and she rejected it, but still, it's clear she doesn't have any mechanisms in place to deal with all her current stresses, besides continuing to act like a child herself.
    And you nailed it. As a parent I have worked hard to do that with my daughter. I can't help but wonder what they put first, their daughter or the fame and fortune.

It's easy to pile on Brittney but should it also be easy to excuse her parents?

the parents may be at fault . . . but right now it is virtually on on Britney right now. Its time to act like a grown up.

There are plenty of people in the spotlight who came from homes without a structurally sound support system and have figured out how to make good and bad decisions.

As a side - i wouldnt feel too bad for her - her new album is garnering rave reviews and promises to be a huge hit. As stated, the real victims here are the children who are put in harms way (it seems) every time they are with their mother.

She needs to marry Michael Jackson, they are made for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    She needs to marry Michael Jackson, they are made for each other.
    Except that she's a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    And legal.

Goodness, no. She deserves everything she gets.

She really has just continued to do one terrible thing after another.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    the parents may be at fault . . . but right now it is virtually on on Britney right now. Its time to act like a grown up.
    You are correct, but when and how are you taught how to be a "grown-up?"

I'm not excusing her, I just hate to see the entire weight being dumped on her.

Support Network

I do feel sorry for her. Sure, she bears a lot of responsibility for her actions. But obviously she's not equipped to handle it. And blame those around her, leaching off her success, for not guiding her properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I do feel sorry for her. Sure, she bears a lot of responsibility for her actions. But obviously she's not equipped to handle it. And blame those around her, leaching off her success, for not guiding her properly.
    And dumped on her is? before you can successfully change a behavior you must first understand the behavior.

Please clarify

And dumped on her is? before you can successfully change a behavior you must first understand the behavior.
    Who needs to understand what behavior? Britney understand her own? Her support network understand Britney's? I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    And legal.

You both said exactly what I was thinking.

As one white trash, I can recognize another.

Ultimate bad run? Hardly.

Is this just piling on?
    The "ultimate bad run?" Get real. Having the ultimate bad run is a child who is repeatedly molested by loved one(s) for ten or fifteen years. Or a child forced to work in a sweat shop in Southeast Asia for pennies a day and then sold into slavery. Or people living in slums of most African capitals whose lives are ravaged by poverty, disease, malnutrition, and war on an every single day basis. C'mon. Get some perspective. 99.5% of the people in the world would trade lives with her in a heartbeat.