Technical issues!!!

I have somehow lost the "post reply" and "quote" buttons when I access the boards through Mozilla Firefox. Anyone know how to get them back. I prefer Firefox to Explorer so it is kind if a pain to open Explorer just make posts !

Do you use the an adblock extension? It could be blocking those images - I kow mine blocked some button images from the apple site.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Do you use the an adblock extension? It could be blocking those images - I kow mine blocked some button images from the apple site.
    I looked through my options menu and didn't see any adblock extension so I don't know if I have it activated or not. The problem started last week. I was having trouble with my mouse (really need ot get an IR mouse) so I cleaned it out. While doing so I had the message boards open and think I accidently clicked on something. Now I can't figure out how to reverse it. Not feeling my brightest at the moment.

Given in to the darkside, come back to Internet Explorer!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Given in to the darkside, come back to Internet Explorer!
    Actually, I never used Explorer. I was a Netscape guy until they fell behind. The only reason I have Explorer is because it's a pain in the a** to try to uninstall.

I was a Netscape guy for awhile, until the great fellows at America Online bought them. Then the path of least resistance at the time was IE. I've flirted with Firefox, but since work is IE and 1/2 my browser usage is there...I keep on ending up back at IE.

Sorry, I know none of these helps your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I have somehow lost the "post reply" and "quote" buttons when I access the boards through Mozilla Firefox. Anyone know how to get them back. I prefer Firefox to Explorer so it is kind if a pain to open Explorer just make posts !
    Have you re-booted? Or you could try re-installing Firefox.

I use Mozilla without a problem on DBR. Keep trying!

sagegrouse

How many times do I have to tell you-- never clean your mouse with DBR open! We've been through this at least a dozen times in the past month. Sheesh!!

--Jason "I have no idea what could be causing this-- sorry!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    Have you re-booted? Or you could try re-installing Firefox.
    Yeah, I tried both although I just reinstalled Firefox I didn't unistall then install. I read on Cnet that uninstalling Firefox could leave a mess so I'm hesitant to do it. I guess I may have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    How many times do I have to tell you-- never clean your mouse with DBR open! We've been through this at least a dozen times in the past month. Sheesh!!

--Jason "I have no idea what could be causing this-- sorry!" Evans
    Yeah, who would have thunk that I could have messed up a web page by simply cleaning my mouse!

Now I'm really getting frustrated!!! I have uninstalled Firefox and deleted any files I could find left after the unistall. Then I redown loaded the program and loadeded. Some how it still has my bookmarks and the message board page is still wonky. Nothing else seems to be effected just the DBR message boards. Someone please help me out. If I can't get this fixed I'm either going to have to use IE or go back to Netscape which is forever slow in loading pages.

Help Please!!!!!!!!

If I can't get this fixed I'm either going to have to use IE
    <mock horror>
    Oh no, not IE!
    </mock horror>

Seriously, can a browser with >80% market share world wide be THAT horrible?... (hush, billybreen )

Well, if all else fails you can always use this extension instead of actually using IE.

Now I'm really getting frustrated!!! I have uninstalled Firefox and deleted any files I could find left after the unistall. Then I redown loaded the program and loadeded. Some how it still has my bookmarks and the message board page is still wonky. Nothing else seems to be effected just the DBR message boards. Someone please help me out. If I can't get this fixed I'm either going to have to use IE or go back to Netscape which is forever slow in loading pages.

Help Please!!!!!!!!
    It's curious that you say you deleted all files, but your bookmarks were still there. Did you also delete your Mozilla/Firefox Profiles? I think that's where bookmarks, etc are kept. Uninstalling Firefox will generally not delete the Profiles. I hope this helps...
    Last edited by gep; 11-05-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    It's curious that you say you deleted all files, but your bookmarks were still there. Did you also delete your Mozilla/Firefox Profiles? I think that's where bookmarks, etc are kept. Uninstalling Firefox will generally not delete the Profiles. I hope this helps...
    I did a search for "firefox" after I uninstalled the program then deleted everything that came up except 2 files that seemed to be connected to Netscape. Where would I find the profile and what would they be called?

I did a search for "firefox" after I uninstalled the program then deleted everything that came up except 2 files that seemed to be connected to Netscape. Where would I find the profile and what would they be called?
    It keeps app data for each user on your computer. It should be someplace such as this:

C:\Documents and Settings\your userid\Application Data\Mozilla

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    It keeps app data for each user on your computer. It should be someplace such as this:

-jk
    To Mods: shouldn't this thread be on the off topic board?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    You're the man!!! Problem solved!!!!!!!!1