Thread: Tic Tacs

Tic Tacs

A while back we had a farily in-depth discussion regarding orange-flavored *Tic Tacs (R). Today, at the little store downstairs where I get my lunch, they were out of orange-flavored Tic Tacs. I opted for the citrus twist-flavored Tic Tacs.

I'm here to tell you that after enjoying the orange-flavored Tic Tacs for so long, the citrus twist-flavored Tic Tacs suck. It is my recommendation that you do not invest in them. To me, the product very much lacks in citrus twist flavor. Instead, they taste somewhat like moist, fungus-ridden toes that have not been washed in three days.

I do not like them.

-EarlJam

*Tic Tacs (R) are a product of the Ferrero Company. It was in 1969 that Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. first opened for business in New York City. To introduce the Ferrero story in the vast and unique U.S. market, Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. chose as its lead product, not the enormous Nutella® brand or one of the hugely successful Ferrero chocolates, but rather the smallest Ferrero wonder of all - Tic Tac®!

Shortly after its introduction, the signature Tic Tac® "Tree" display was appearing at U.S. checkouts everywhere and America was singing along with Ferrero's catchy:
    "Put a Tic Tac® in your mouth and get a BANG out of life!"

Repositioned in 1980 as "The 1 1/2 Calorie Breath Mint®," Tic Tac® has grown continuously, and today enjoys the #1 position in the U.S. breath mint category.

The distinctive Tic Tac® green has been followed by the dazzling gold of Ferrero Rocher®, the fine chocolate and hazelnut "praline." Is it any surprise that Rocher® is rapidly becoming a mainstay of increasingly-sophisticated American tastes, and that Ferrero is once again making quality confections a part of everyday life … for treats as well as gifts.

Following the success of Tic Tac® and Rocher®, consumers are now beginning to enjoy the distinctive taste of Nutella® spread. As it rapidly gains distribution and awareness across the U.S., it's destined to become as big a success here as it is in Europe.

FERRERO TODAY

Today, Ferrero remains a true family-run success story. A third generation of Ferrero sons have joined their father and continue to operate under the same basic principles that gave Ferrero its start in Alba over 50 years ago.

With global sales growing in country after country, Ferrero is today one of the largest confectionery companies in the world. The Ferrero Family continues to delight its global consumers with a seemingly inexhaustible line of unique, high-quality products, not only in the spread and candy aisles, but also in the bakery and beverage sections.

And I'm such a redneck I thought this thread was gonna be about birth control.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Instead, they taste somewhat like moist, fungus-ridden toes that have not been washed in three days.

I do not like them.

-EarlJam
    I'm afraid to ask this but will anyway. How do you know what "moist, fungus-ridden toes that have not been washed in three days" taste like?

I do not like them.
    Would you like them in a house? Would you like them with a mouse?
    Would you like them in a box? Would you like them with a fox?
    Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?
    In a car? In a tree? In the dark? On a trian? In the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Would you like them in a house? Would you like them with a mouse?
    Would you like them in a box? Would you like them with a fox?
    Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?
    In a car? In a tree? In the dark? On a trian? In the rain?
    That totally cracked me up! Thanks, I needed that.

-EarlJam

Since we're quoting Dr. Seuss...

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'm afraid to ask this but will anyway. How do you know what "moist, fungus-ridden toes that have not been washed in three days" taste like?
    I believe EJam was doing his best impression of Dr. Seuss, who once stated:
    "You're a three decker saurkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce."

And I too do not like Green Eggs and Ham!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Well, to be honest, I don't know - but here is a true story:

Years ago I was visiting my friends at App State University. We were sitting in the den watching TV and enjoying many beers. There was a container of what looked like old peanuts on the table. I was quite intoxicated and was just eating any and all edible things around. Scoop by scoop, I enjoyed the delicious peanuts. The next morning, someone said, "Who ate these?"

"I did," I replied.

Everyone started laughing. Turns out, one of the roommates had trimmed his toenails and used the container as a "toenail holder."

In short, I ate my friend's toenail clippings.

Gross? Perhaps. But in some strange way I feel it connected me to my friend Mickey in a way that no other human has been connected to him. I suggested he eat my toenails so that we could be Toenail Brothers. He declined. If I'm being honest, I can't say that I blame him.

-EarlJam

P.S. 1989, Steve Hall's house on Dare Street in Burlington, NC. I also swallowed a quarter while playing quarter toss. I know this begs a follow-up question, but I will end here.

I inadvertently tasted ear wax once, and that stuff is horrible.

i thought you were talking about the drink, orange flavored vodka and red bull

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    i thought you were talking about the drink, orange flavored vodka and red bull
    Would that be Tic Tacs, Toenails, or Ear Wax?

-EarlJam

its called a tic tac

P.S. 1989, Steve Hall's house on Dare Street in Burlington, NC. I also swallowed a quarter while playing quarter toss. I know this begs a follow-up question, but I will end here.
    Earl Jam,

I grew up about three blocks from Dare Street, but that was a long time ago.
    Tom Mac