The Eagles land again!

The other day, my wife handed me a 2 CD album, Long Road from Eden. She had been to Walmart to get some cheap bananas and assorted other stuff. She noticed a CD display, The Eagles first new release in 28 years. Clever marketing, I think, but I did not expect it. Anyhow, she knew how much I liked the Eagles, so she bought it for me. I sat in front of my sound system for an hour or more, and found myself going back a some decades. The Eagles have not changed one iota. They have given up nothing. They may even be a little better.

No More Cloudy Days was the first of the tracks that made me stand up, and applaud, all by myself, but I guess I was smiling pretty broadly up until then. Disc 2 started out with Long Road out of Eden, the title track. Just from the name, it seemed a metaphor for the Iraq War, and that it is. There were a couple of other tracks covering that same theme, but they are pure Eagles stuff. I really liked the album, and I recommend it to everybody.

My taste in music is mostly Jazz, beach music, Keely Smith, Louie Prima, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Jimmy Buffet, some of the better rock groups, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Chicago, the Eagles, and a few others. Rhythm and Blues is good, too. My interest in country music is minimal, but my wife tells me that the Eagles are one of the featured groups on the Country Music Awards tomorrow (Wednesday) evening on ABC. I will be watching.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    The other day, my wife handed me a 2 CD album, Long Road from Eden. She had been to Walmart to get some cheap bananas and assorted other stuff. She noticed a CD display, The Eagles first new release in 28 years. Clever marketing, I think, but I did not expect it. Anyhow, she knew how much I liked the Eagles, so she bought it for me. I sat in front of my sound system for an hour or more, and found myself going back a some decades. The Eagles have not changed one iota. They have given up nothing. They may even be a little better.

No More Cloudy Days was the first of the tracks that made me stand up, and applaud, all by myself, but I guess I was smiling pretty broadly up until then. Disc 2 started out with Long Road out of Eden, the title track. Just from the name, it seemed a metaphor for the Iraq War, and that it is. There were a couple of other tracks covering that same theme, but they are pure Eagles stuff. I really liked the album, and I recommend it to everybody.

My taste in music is mostly Jazz, beach music, Keely Smith, Louie Prima, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Jimmy Buffet, some of the better rock groups, the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Chicago, the Eagles, and a few others. Rhythm and Blues is good, too. My interest in country music is minimal, but my wife tells me that the Eagles are one of the featured groups on the Country Music Awards tomorrow (Wednesday) evening on ABC. I will be watching.
    I still can't believe they are selling this album exclusively at Walmart.

The Eagles first new release in 28 years.
    What about Hell Freezes Over?
    Last edited by -jk; 11-06-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    What about Hell Freezes Over?
    The first release of "new" material in 28 years. Hell Freezes Over was a live greatest hits recording.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    The first release of "new" material in 28 years. Hell Freezes Over was a live greatest hits recording.
    Well, there were four new songs on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Well, there were four new songs on the album.
    Yeah, who could ever forget that if we're hungry, love will keep us alive?

music

Rhythm and Blue is not good, they are GREAT. Oh, wait a minute, I thought you were referring to the a capella group at Duke that my son sang in for 3 1/2 years and helped arrange/produce THEIR new CD due out at the end of the month titled "Push Button for Higher Floor"(or something like that). Check out their web site for some cool videos of recent performances

Do you have a link for that website? Actually, I was referring to the rhythm and blues genre rather than a specific group, but I'd welcome a chance to listen to their work.

On listening to the album, I remembered that I had heard No More Cloudy Days a couple of years ago. Then I remembered reading a transcript of an interview of Don Henley. Can't find it. Might have been Glen Frey. But the song was mentioned. IIRC, it was said that the song had not been released, but it would be in this new album. I'm glad about that. Here's a link to a video of the song. (Sorry for the commercial.) It's a glen Frey song, and the video is from a concert in Melbourne on the final farewell tour, #1. I can't wait until their final farewell tour, #2. Anybody know where I can get tickets.

music

Do you have a link for that website? Actually, I was referring to the rhythm and blues genre rather than a specific group, but I'd welcome a chance to listen to their work.
    Humor does not transmit well on posting-I knew you meant the genre R and B but could not resist a plug for my son's group . Simply google Duke University Rhythm and Blue and they will appear and you can listen to some snippets of their stuff. They are even better live as they have had a couple real characters the last couple years who had great stage presence and acting ability in addition to their musical talent. Their new CD is actually "Punch for Higher Floor" and is due out in 2-3 weeks. I bought 50 of them(really) and could sell you one at a f-ball or b-ball game sometime.

Eagles in concert

We saw the Eagles on 10/27 at the new Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. It was a GREAT concert! Highly recommend getting tickets if you can.