McRoberts' pro status

Anyone have an update on Josh McRoberts? Is he gonna play soon?

McRoberts

Blazers rookie Josh McRoberts practiced for the first time since suffering a severe left ankle sprain on October third. He said that his ankle felt good afterwards, but admitted that he needs to be in better shape, adding, "I'm still trying to learn the plays a little bit."

Sounds like he practiced yesterday. He will probably sit for a few more games.

Yeah, what HoganLake said. I was watching the local (Portland) news last night and they showed him shooting free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    Anyone have an update on Josh McRoberts? Is he gonna play soon?

I think he's not playing for Duke as he went pro early.

Quote Originally Posted by husWagner1983 View Post
    I think he's not playing for Duke as he went pro early.
    Maybe this should be a sticky!

Portland has another game Friday is he supposed to be able to play then?

Quote Originally Posted by lavell12 View Post
    Portland has another game Friday is he supposed to be able to play then?
    who cares? I guess with Oden out he might actually play now, but he's still stuck behind Lamarcus Aldridge and Channing Frye, and veteran Travis Outlaw. Not to mention they have Raef LaFrentz (over the hill and on his way out of the league, but a good player in his prime)

I care b/c I am rooting for him plus LaFrenze sucks so McBob could push him aside plus Outlaw is a SF so that won't really affect McBob too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    who cares?
    People who pull for former-Dukies, even those who leave under less than ideal circumstances, care. I don't weep over his absence (though he had a pretty great skill set), but I care.

I don't think Josh will be seeing game action anytime soon. Like I posted earlier, he just returned to practice. He was in a book until a month ago and he hasn't fully tested his ankle at game speed yet.

Here's an excerpt from a recent article in The Columbian:

Now the wait is for McRoberts to be ready to get into a game, which may still be a ways off.

The 6-foot-10 forward was placed on the Blazers' inactive list for Wednesday's home opener against New Orleans after sitting out practice since Oct. 3. McRoberts said the time off has left him with a lot of catch-up work to learn the Blazers' offensive and defensive schemes.

"It's kind of like if you miss a lot of school and then you come back and you've got to take the test," McRoberts said. "So that's kind of where I'm at right now, that kid in the back of the room. I know a little bit, but I'm trying to figure out more. I'll be able to catch up pretty quick. I'm studying all the plays, watching film."