Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    She inherited a nat gas business when her father, the CEO[...]. As for O'Neill, he's always had the rep for being cold and abrasive, which has hurt his recruiting.
    Good heavens. Let's step back a bit here. rthomas might have been onto something. Whatever Lute's up against, the ACC is enough to contend with until sometime in March.
    Last edited by -jk; 12-08-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: civility

This whole thread makes me very uncomfortable.

Here's the ESPN story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3145718

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Thumbs down the mote in my eye...

I was on the IC board reading their Lute thread and feeling smug, thinking, "THIS is one of the reasons I love the DBR board; these kind of posts simply wouldn't be tolerated!"

Clearly I was wrong. Oh well, I'm sure this lesson, upon some reflection, will be positive in the end.

If it comes to a board vote, count me in the, "lock this thread" column.

s.i.

Andy Katz with a nice "it's none of our damn business" column:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/column...t&lid=tab3pos1

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Lute has chosen to make his private life public. He has published an autobiography. If he did not want public scrutiny, why tell his life story to the world?

http://www.amazon.com/Lute-Seasons-M...7131223&sr=1-1

Thumbs down I agree

What Throaty said. Bless his heart.
    Love, Ima

OOOOOOH! I'm GRANT HILL now!!!

I may never post again!
    Love, Ima

Dang!

That didn't last long

That's the way I remember it, too

Quote Originally Posted by BoC View Post
    In the game against Arizona in the '90-'91 season, Greg Koubek hit a three-point shot at some point in the game (probably late in regulation) and when the commercial break ended the officials had changed the 3-point shot to a 2-point shot, with no explanation. Regulation ended in a tie, and Duke lost in 2-OTs, 103-96.

I remember being outraged at the initial point downgrading (and I'm actually a pretty fair-minded individual when it comes to things like "unfair" officiating, etc...), especially when the announcers showed replays of the shot in question and Greg's foot was clearly behind the three-point line.

Maybe that has something to do with the K/Lute deal.

The shot in question was very near the end of regulation and gave Duke the lead. There was a commercial break a couple of minutes later, and we had a 1 pt lead going into it. After the commercial break the game was tied. IIRC, Coach K filed an official complaint about this incident the following week. I believe that's also when we stopped playing them.

Enough

A number of mods have discussed this, and this thread is becoming embarrassing. Not everyone has behaved badly here, but there are enough rotten apples to spoil the bunch.
    Anytime you need to end a post with, "ps. I am well aware that my interest in this makes me a bad person. I came to terms with me being fundamentally "bad" long ago, so don't carp at me. I don't care about other peoples' feelings," you shouldn't have posted it in the first place.

Anytime you post something like, "Fooling a-round. Clap, clap clap clap clap. Fooling a-round. Clap, clap clap clap clap. Fooling a-round. Clap, clap clap clap clap," you need to seriously reevaluate your sense of humor.

I thought DBR's posters could rise above cheap insults and speculation about someone's personal life, the kind of which we decry when other boards focus that energy toward Duke. I guess I was wrong.