Thread: Phone Pranks

Phone Pranks

I'm in the mood for playing some phone pranks on people today - caller I.D. be damned!

On this wonderful "feel good" Friday, I'd like some suggestions for some good phone pranks. The shorter the better. The only one coming to mind right now is a good one for work (but I can't remember exactly how we used to do it)...

Using the conference call feature, set up a conference call between two people in the office. You can set it up to where both people's phone rings at the same time. They both pick up thinking that the other person called them. You are on the line as well but obviously remain silent. Hilarity ensues. "What do you want?" "I don't know, you called me!" "No I didn't." "What?"

Also, the standard one liners that were used on the Simpsons will work as well.

Ideas anyone?

-EarlJam

Blocking caller ID

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I'm in the mood for playing some phone pranks on people today - caller I.D. be damned!

If you press *67 BEFORE you dial your intended victim, it will block your number.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    If you press *67 BEFORE you dial your intended victim, it will block your number.
    Oh. OH!

This changes.........everything.

You RULE!

-EarlJam

In my younger days, a friend of mine and I would call random numbers on the phone. When a person answered, I would say (in a deep,
    official-sounding voice)... "If you could identify the following
    sound, you will win a beautifully gift-wrapped box of Buckingham
    China". I would then proceed to make a loud, raspy sound of
    passing-gas, with my mouth. About half the people would immediately slam the phone down. A few would become angry and admonish us kids for playing with the phone. But amazingly, some of them would actually attempt to identify the sound! One guy replied, "It's a horse's ^$%^$%^$%!". We would then hang-up and dial another number. It was great fun

Another idea:
    Call up someone and pretend to work for Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream using your best radio DJ voice and say,
    "Hi, I'm calling from Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream and if you can name 31 ice cream flavors in the next 31 seconds, we will pay you $31.00! Are you ready? ... Go!"
    [wait a few seconds]
    "Oh I am sorry, you are out of time!"
    Then hang up the phone.
    Chances are your caller will sputter and desperately try to name one or even two flavors.