DON'T VOTE YET!!!

I urge everyone to take a few moments to think about it before voting. Read some of the notes in this thread (and post your own thoughts!!) to see if they jog a memory or help you crystalize your feelings. Then, once you are sure, then vote for your favorite among these two:

#4 seed- Johnny Dawkins-
How he got here:
  • Defeated Robert Brickey with 92.76% of the vote
  • Defeated Shelden Williams with 83.54% of the vote

Notable memories/achievements
  • Was THE PLAYER who started it all for Coach K.
  • When everyone else on the 1986 team inexplicably went into the tank offensively in the NCAAs, he carried us to (almost) the promissed land with 24points.
  • Great post-season player averaging almost 24 ppg in his NCAA tourney career
  • Pwning David Rivers on the final play of the nationally televised game in 1986.
  • Career high 34 points (and had 8 borads and 4 assists too) as #2 Duke crushed #6 UNC in Chapel Hill in a huge nationally televised game in 1985 (shortly after I chose Duke as my school... what a way to join the fanaticism!!)
  • Coach K's closest confidant for the past decade
  • Nolan Smith's "uncle"
  • #24 retired by Duke

#5 seed Bobby Hurley-
How he got here:
  • Defeated Jay Bilas with 90.91% of the vote
  • Defeated Chris Carrawell with 77.64% of the vote

Notable memories/achievements
  • NCAAs all-time career leader in assists
  • 2-time national champion and MVP of of the Final Four in 1992
  • Puking his guts out while getting pummeled by UNLV in 1990
  • With 2:00 left and the announcers screaming "they don't need a 3" pulling up and hitting the HUGE clutch 3 against UNLV in 1991 to bring Duke within 2 and sending the message that UNLV would not win!!
  • Saved the best for last-- career high in his final game, 32 points and 9 assists versus Cal and Jason Kidd in 1993
  • K's videotape of Bobby whining to the refs after his freshman season, which turned Bobby into the stud he was as a soph and beyond
  • #11 retired by Duke

--Jason "this one will be a war!! I cannot decide who I will vote for" Evans