Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Elliot Williams to Duke

Its all over scout.com, WE GOT HIM!

Sweet

Thats exciting.
    So we've got a solid 2 man class in a weaker year, with one guy who's projected to be a role player (and lots of teams would take top 100 "role players") and a guy who has the talent to be a solid rotation player. That works out not bad at all.

Welcome to the Gothic Wonderland, mister Williams.

It's been good to quite a few ballers named Williams before you.

Our recruiting is a disaster!

Good! I wasnt sure if i really believe that article at first. But scout.com usually doesnt post unless they are 100%.

Elliot Williams will replace Demarcus very nicely. Wont step in and take over, but has potential to.

I wonder if this effects any of the '09 guards we have been looking at? I hope not because some of them are already as good as Williams, If not better.. And that is not meant as offense to Williams

Good! I wasnt sure if i really believe that article at first. But scout.com usually doesnt post unless they are 100%.
    Scout didn't break this story, I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..com did. Lets give credit where credit is due here.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 11-01-2007 at 01:59 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by wojcol View Post

-----------------------------------------------
    Scout didn't break this story, I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..com did. Lets give credit where credit is due here.
    If someone really needs credit for breaking a story on where a high school kid will attend college ... well, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    If someone really needs credit for breaking a story on where a high school kid will attend college ... well, never mind.
    zing.

Glad to have him on board. I dont think this really affects us with regard to boynton, since he is more a scoring point a la jwill, while williams is more of a pure college SG, right?

This is a nice surprise for sure. Usually I assume kids go with the in-state schools if they are viable options and the Tenn / Memphis tag-team struck me as duanting. Great news. Like I said, getting Elliot in the truck takes a little bit of pressure off the '09 class. For example, we might be able to spend a little less time recruiting McDonald and a little more time recruiting the bigs everyone wants.

It's true. But don't think they broke it. Watzone has been dropping hints of his lean for weeks and told me yesterday.

Give it a break wojcol, everyone knows you are Wayne Gooch trying to pump his site. Credit? This was no secret to some in the know. Watzone dropped hints for weeks. Where are your quotes? I was told of his decision yesterday by someone who obviously knew, but I thought recruits should be allowed to announce it on their own without [someone] trying to get the so called scoop.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 11-01-2007 at 01:20 AM. Reason: lack of civility

Smile Yahoo!

Wasn't sure this would happen -- thought E. Williams might have made the wrong choice! Welcome to Duke, Cameron and the crazies. And to the best education you could have ever hoped for!!

Welcome Elliot. We're so pleased to have you aboard! You'll be glad you made the right decision.

It's been two hours since I read it online and I'm still buzzing. Can't wait to see what the boards look like when everyone wakes up to the good news!

I'm glad Williams chose Duke, cause had he not, he wouldn't have been a good fit for us.

Welcome!!

I was just checking my e-mail and dropped by

Saw we got Williams, that is so Awesome, I take back any negative things I might have said in the past, you have to forgive me I am only human. We could be looking at the start of something big at Duke, it will take a year or two to show but the future is looking bright.

Congrats

Happy for Duke that you got a commit from EW. I'm sure he is glad to finally have this weight off his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by BillVol View Post
    Happy for Duke that you got a commit from EW. I'm sure he is glad to finally have this weight off his shoulders.
    Welcome, BillVol. Always good to have opposing fans around.

You guys fought hard for EW, but we'll take him.

Personally, I'm rooting for a few good years of Tennessee dominance in the SEC for a change...