Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At Elvis14- I DVR the show also and fast forward through the Hiro portions. Just can't stand it anymore.

A little different- but just like the show 24 on Fox lost me completely because I couldn't watch scenes with Jacks daughter, I can't watch the current Hiro storyline.

I would normally be perfectly fine giving up on Heroes now (loved the first half of season 1, thought the second half was not so great, and have now been hearing all these negatives about seasons 2) - BUT - the prospect of Kristen Bell guest starring for episodes 6 thru 8 is tempting. I just finished watching Veronica Mars season 3 in the past 3 days and I'm in withdrawl now...

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I just finished watching Veronica Mars season 3 in the past 3 days and I'm in withdrawl now...
    You're in luck, Kristen's Bell's character in Heroes seems a lot like a Veronica Mars clone to me. Also, you can watch that weird vampire show "Moonlight" on Friday nights. It has Logan Echolls aka Jason Dohring in it.

I too just recently finished a marathon of Veronica Mars DVD watching. That was a really good show. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    You're in luck, Kristen's Bell's character in Heroes seems a lot like a Veronica Mars clone to me.
    Except she appears to be totally evil in Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Also, you can watch that weird vampire show "Moonlight" on Friday nights. It has Logan Echolls aka Jason Dohring in it.
    My wife and I made it through 15 minutes of the pilot. Painful.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    My wife and I made it through 15 minutes of the pilot. Painful.
    That's too bad - someone on imdb.com review (which I take w/ a grain of salt, bwt) described him as one of the series' best characters. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much...

It's true though, I have a man-crush on Logan. And a very real crush on Kristen =)

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    That's too bad - someone on imdb.com review (which I take w/ a grain of salt, bwt) described him as one of the series' best characters. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean much...
    Yeah, I think that's very much a 'tallest pygmy' situation. We were hoping the show would be Angel + Logan, but it was probably the most poorly written and acted pilot I saw this year. The lead character is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yeah, I think that's very much a 'tallest pygmy' situation. We were hoping the show would be Angel + Logan, but it was probably the most poorly written and acted pilot I saw this year. The lead character is atrocious.
    That's what I was hoping too - though I was gonna let the show run awhile before deciding if I would jump in. Guess it sounds like I shouldn't.
    Maybe I can just find a youtube compilation of Jason's best scenes from the show, watch that, and save myself a bunch of time, hehe.

Well, it looks like 11/5's positive steps may not have been accidental. Tim Kring seems to know it sucks, and he is saying the right things about fixing it. Here's hoping.

dog poo

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So I got out my laptop and was all ready to liveblog it by taking notes during the episode that I could post here...

3 mins- Mohinder just loudly announced his plans to take down the Company over the phone while anyone who wanted to could listen to him. Is he the stupidest person ever? If he succeeds in being anything more than a total pawn for the Company, I'll eat my hat. I am eager for Mohinder and the Twins to hook up so Mohinder can bleed black out his eyes and die the slow painful death he deserves. Worst actor EVER!!!

Well, that's it. I dunno if this was a worthless exercise or not. I would have preferred doing it for an episode that sucked more than this one did. I guess my standards for Heros are so low at this point that something less than total dog poo is something worthwhile.
    Agree about Mohinder. Can't figure out if the guy is just a bad actor as you say, or if his character is just way too friggin boring. Regardless, his presence alone pretty much makes this show unwatchable.

No, it wasn't a worthless exercise. I kindly thankyou for the detailed analysis.
    The show was a hit for me last season, but, has dramatically faded this time around. Way too many heroes and storylines. Sometimes, you just gotta keep things a little bit simpler. Can no longer watch it. No can do. I'd rather watch "Cops" or "Inside San Quentin."

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
    Agree about Mohinder. Can't figure out if the guy is just a bad actor as you say, or if his character is just way too friggin boring. Regardless, his presence alone pretty much makes this show unwatchable.
    I think it's definitely both. Mohinder is an atrocious actor. Just terrible. And the motives and base stupidity of his character would destroy suspension of belief even in the most capable hands. Combined, it's a noxious brew.

I just got finished watching the 1st season and have zero interest in starting the 2nd.

Everyone I know has said the 2nd season was terrible.

The last few eposides of the 1st were getting me disinterested and boring.

Thought the ending blew too.

But Hayden whoever...good god woman...you are smoking