Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heroes -- how could it suck more?

Heroes has gotten to the point where it's a challenge to list new and unexplored ways to make the show horrible. At a certain point, they simply must run out of ways to do their audience harm.

Can they just kill this thing before it kills me?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Heroes has gotten to the point where it's a challenge to list new and unexplored ways to make the show horrible. At a certain point, they simply must run out of ways to do their audience harm.

Can they just kill this thing before it kills me?
    It has been a struggle this year. I actually think that some of the plot lines are interesting...but others are just terrible. As others have said, they need to stop making everyone a Hero..and stop adding new plotlines. It only makes things confusing and dilutes the few plots that are decent.

I fell asleep during the second half hour. Maybe I'll go back and watch it, maybe not. Very disappointing for sure.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I've thrown in the towel as well. I got so uninterested in the first few minutes I switched on the XBox instead. I remember looking forward to that show, getting excited for it. What happened???

A friend of mine is one of the editors on the show, and he has said that it will only get worse. You are forewarned...

I thought it jumped the shark in the middle of last season, but it's really really bad now. I mean, what's up with the stupid scroll in the sword handle? Supposedly the actor who plays Hiro was sick of being asked whether he and the guy who plays Ando were gay and refused to be in any more scenes with Ando.

I took it off my DVR record list.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    I took it off my DVR record list.
    I've tried, but I can't. I've given up hope of it improving, so now I just watch the trainwreck. Lots of screaming at the TV, cursing the writers and actors, etc.

It fills the void that Studio 60 left

They could recycle the plot devise from previous seasons...oh wait.

The season being about another catastrophe annoys me.

I will keep going, but the show is falling apart for me, too.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I've thrown in the towel as well. I got so uninterested in the first few minutes I switched on the XBox instead. I remember looking forward to that show, getting excited for it. What happened???
    I watched the last 20 minutes today and they weren't bad. In fact, I thought they were pretty good. A couple of interesting twists. I'm not giving up yet.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I agree with Clips that it jumped the shark middle of last season. It suckage grows with each episode. Nothing, I mean nothing, happened this past week. The show suffers from focusing on too many characters and having too many heroes. If the only characters were Peter, Nathan, Sylar, Hiro, Parkman, the Haitian, and HRG then the show would rock!! I guess I can live with Claire, but that's it. Make the Guatemalan Wonder Twins die, please!!! Mohinder and the Nawlins muscle-memory gal need to go away. And Niki... wow, is she the worst character EVER or what?

I may try to liveblog the show next week-- you know, take notes while watching it and then post the notes-- just for !@#^!@^ and giggles.

--Jason "Tim Kring is the anti-JJ Abrams" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    They could recycle the plot devise from previous seasons...oh wait.

The season being about another catastrophe annoys me.

I will keep going, but the show is falling apart for me, too.

Exiled
    Paraphrase from teaser durin Thursday shows:

"The next five episodes will be about fixing the future..."

So what the ^)#$ has been the point of the season so far? Because as far as I knew, we had a loose plot line about paintings and some murders. Now, we dally for a month into the future timeline. Somewhere we need to spend an arc on the old timers - after January (if they have been written already) and then we need to wrap up the paintings story. And kill the twins.

UGh
    Jason - I may join you in live blogging - I have spent the last thee episodes on teh computer as well as watching (which is a sign - I never interweb during the shows I feel need attention - Office, HIMYM, Lost, BSG)
    Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I may try to liveblog the show next week-- you know, take notes while watching it and then post the notes-- just for !@#^!@^ and giggles.

--Jason "Tim Kring is the anti-JJ Abrams" Evans
    That might be more fun than the actual show! It's sad, I've been busy the past couple of weeks and there really aren't any shows that I feel that I need to catch on TIVO. I have watched a couple, but never because I felt I had to know what happened. I can't wait for BBall to start.

Episode 151/

I actually liked this week. Some plot lines tied together nicely, and the Kensai forever character actually seems interesting now.

I wonder how they deal with piggy-backing into the future and not making it back...kind of interesting.

The only problem I had was Mohindar...who acted like a dolt at the end of the episode.

Mohinder always sucks. He must die.

I actually liked this week. Some plot lines tied together nicely, and the Kensai forever character actually seems interesting now.

I wonder how they deal with piggy-backing into the future and not making it back...kind of interesting.

The only problem I had was Mohindar...who acted like a dolt at the end of the episode.

I knew that if anyone was hoping for any tie-ins, they'd have to wait until 6th or 7th episode into the season. Wasn't that the case last season? Well, ok, it was 5th episode that the tie-in came in with "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World". And I also said that the "Four Months Ago" episode was coming. I think the writers wanted to start the season kinda like last season, in which the connections weren't apparent, but as time went on, they became more obvious.

And, no offense, but some of the people trashing Heroes on this site are the same people who gorge themselves on reality trash. I don't know if that's a coincidence or not.

With the writer's strike, they could show each episode every day of the week...wouldn't make it better or worse, but such saturation would lead me to never watching again.

So I got out my laptop and was all ready to liveblog it by taking notes during the episode that I could post here...

...and then they went and had a decent episode!!! Bastards!!!! How could you do that to me?!?!

Still, I found a few choice moments. I watched on my TIVO and would pause and write out little notes at certain moments. I am not sure how this worked so feel free to let me know if you like it or if it makes no sense.
    - - - - -

2 mins into the episode-- Uh-oh, Hiro's story line is getting a little interesting. They've got him captive by making him snort heroin fumes. You know, when it comes to prisons, Hiro's is pretty cool. Kensei sure went from decent fellow to total evil quickly. I think he's really been totally evil all along and was only acting nice to hit on the cute Japanese chick.

3 mins- Mohinder just loudly announced his plans to take down the Company over the phone while anyone who wanted to could listen to him. Is he the stupidest person ever? If he succeeds in being anything more than a total pawn for the Company, I'll eat my hat. I am eager for Mohinder and the Twins to hook up so Mohinder can bleed black out his eyes and die the slow painful death he deserves. Worst actor EVER!!!

10 mins- Claire is in her nightclothes. Wait a sec while I back up my Tivo to watch this scene again. How old is her character supposed to be? can't they just make her 18 already so I can stop feeling dirty for watching this scene? Hayden Panettiere is a hottie the way Elisha Cuthbert was before she got the awful short haircut. As an aside, Claire's boyfriend is officially a dangerous stalker. "I just showed up to make you waffles" is just creepy when your boyfriend is also capable of hovering outside your bedroom window and watching you get dressed.

15 mins- The 2008 hazmat police have grabbed Peter and he is struggling with them. Apparently Peter has forgotten that he has about 50 different powers he can use to kill these guys or at least get away from them. I think the producers decided that the only convincing acting that Milo Ventemiglia can do is a confused "what is going on here?" face so that is all he has done so far this year. I wonder if they are using the exact same set as last year for the scenes of deserted post-apocalyptic New York. I wonder why they did not go for more variety this year-- like maybe depicting the destruction of Richmond, Virginia or anyplace otehr than New York. The bad guys have now shoved Peter in a van. I hope he goes Nuke on them and blows up the city. It might actually clean up the city a little bit.

19 mins- Parkman is chatting with the comatose Molly. Yup, this is officially the cheesiest written scene on TV this year. Parkman loves Molly soooo much eve though he only met her for the first time 3 months ago. I wonder what his social worker is going to say when they come by to check up on how Molly is doing with the 2 dads who just adopted her and Molly is in a coma? I am sure Parkman will come up with some brilliant explanation like "She's only non-responsive because my creepy father who ran out on me 20 years ago attacked her through her nightmares." Yeah, that'll explain things.

23 mins- Look DL is back!! I've just figured out Nikessica's power. Anyone who dies that she likes gets to live on in her head. Cool!! That'll be a big help to her when she... uhhhh... wait, I'm gonna come up with some way that this is a real evolutionary breakthrough... gimme a minute. Nope, I got nothing.

24 mins- Darnit, DL is not living in Nikessica's head. Hew as just put there by old-man Parkman. As an aside, making old-man Parkman the murderous bad-guy just ain't doing it for me. He isn't even a little bit menacing and I am not sure how he is so dangerous. They needed to demonstrate his powers a little bit more. How did he get in the building anyway? Did he force all the Company guards to imagine they were shooting bad guys but make them really shoot each other? I might also add that he clearly was not the actor who pushed Sulu off the building-- that was a young, thin dude.

26 mins- Look Peter magically got his memory back. Did his mommy cure him or something? She just says, "you really need to remember" and then he sees a bunch of images of her pushing him on a swing and blowing out birthday candles and he is back to normal! Yippeee!! That was some darn clever writing. I had no idea how they were going to get us out of the endless loop of "Peter has no idea of what is going on" but they came up with such a clever way of doing it!! Is it just me or are the rest of you thinking that Heroes would be better if they just went on producing it while the writer's strike was happening and let the actors ad-lib all the action? It could not be any worse, right?

30 mins- Fly boy sees Clarie's daddy and... I can't think of anything ironic or funny to say about this scene. I just paused the TIVO and I am drawing a blank. Considering this is a moment we have been building up to for a few episodes I am decidedly underwhelmed and bored. I'll say this, I think the scene would have been a lot more fun if Fly boy had attacked Daddy HRG instead of running away.

33 mins- Hiro is still defending Kensei even though Kensei has done nothing to deserve it and has turned 100% evil. Lame!!! Hiro now knows that the Kensei he grew up idolizing does not exist (or is really just him pretending to be Kensei) and yet Hiro still thinks the real Kensei is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Lets bring Hiro back to the present ASAP, please!!

36 mins- Hiro and Kensei are fighting in one of the least exciting sword-fights ever between supposed martial arts masters. Yawn. It is like they are moving in slow-motion. Hiro does not want to hurt Kensei. Awwww, how sweet. The battle ends with Kensei vowing to hurt Hiro for all eternity. Fabulous-- we have just given away the fact that Kensei will show up in the present in either this episode or the next one. Could it be any more obvious. I am putting dollars to doughnuts on Kensei being the mystery person who killed Hiro's father, Sulu.

43 mins- Matt is battling his father in a matchup of chubby guys with brain control. Even though Matt just figured out 5 minutes ago that he can control other people's brains and his dad has been doing it for decades, Matt wins. Yeah, that makes sense. I am not even sure how Matt won or what the battle was about. Ummm, I did not think it was possible but the sword fight between Hiro and Kensei was more dramatic than this good Hero vs. bad Hero faceoff.

55 mins- Hiro has come back to the present. I am not sure why he chose to arrive at this exact moment as opposed to coming back when he left but that would make too much sense. This show has zero understanding of what time travel really means. It is far and away the ultimate power. Hiro is sad that his father has died-- no problem! All he has to do is go back to the moment dad perished and save him. How hard is this to figure out? Did these guys never see Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey? You know the ending scene where Bill and Ted defeat the bad guy by just saying all the things they were going to do with their time travel ability and then it all comes true and they travel forward in time to become amazing guitar players. Hiro needs to understand that is what the universe is like for him at this point. He can do anything!!! It has taken a lot of work, but this show has actually made me start to dislike Hiro.

57 mins- Suresh has been turned. He gives up everything to Bob. I have no idea why. Ummm has he completely forgotten how evil the Company is? What has Bob done to deserve Suresh's trust? Now Suresh has gone from being HRG’s trusted mole to being ready to kill HRG in a matter of seconds. Yeah, that makes sense. The really lame part is that this might actually be a legitimate story-line if they had played it out over several episodes and made it a slow turn. But noooo, we have to change Suresh's character 100% in this one scene. And it all happened in the exact same episode as the one where Kensei went from being good guy to bad guy also in seconds. Wow, they took a decent episode and sent it all to hell in a matter of seconds. Impressive!!

60 mins- Kensei is Adam. Yup, saw that one coming a mile away. This is the best they can do when it comes to shock value. I almost wish the final scene with Kensei in the past had included the following line from him, "I'll hunt you down Hiro, even if I have to live 500 years and hang out in Montreal waiting to manipulate your friend Peter into helping me to kill everyone you love back in your present." That would have only been slightly less obvious than the way it actually played out. I also would like to point out that KensAdam was not pictured in the photo of the founders of The Company that we have seen several times even though we have been told that he was part of their group.

- - - -

Well, that's it. I dunno if this was a worthless exercise or not. I would have preferred doing it for an episode that sucked more than this one did. I guess my standards for Heros are so low at this point that something less than total dog poo is something worthwhile.

--Jason "not sure if I can do this again any time soon as my wife was definitely giving me funny looks last night while we watched the show and I jammed away on the laptop" Evans

Spoiler Alert! I haven't seen the episode yet as I am on the road.

I admit that I still watch it but I share everyone's disappointment. With my DVR I skip all the crap with Hiro in the distant past. I don't need more Hero's no matter how interesting they may be. I want progression of a few intertwined story lines, not 8 floundering story lines. About the only interesting thing that happened last night was the revelation of the identity of "Adam". That might get interesting if they don't screw it up (although it sounds like they will). Here's a few other annoying things: "The Company" went from the mysterious group of people working with HRG to bozos and HRG is now independent and less interesting and less intimidating. There were 2 good vs. evil battles last season, Peter vs. Sylar, and HRG and some Hero's as the bad vs. various other hero's as the good. The Company is now supposed to be the "good" with Adam being the "bad"? WTF? I could go on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    The Company is now supposed to be the "good" with Adam being the "bad"? WTF? I could go on and on...
    It's called giving relevance to the "morally gray" quote, or did you forget that from last night?