Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weirdest Sandwiches

I once knew someone that always ate Peanut Butter and Mayo sandwiches.
    Or Fried Bologna and fatback sandwiches.
    Have you ever had a weird sandwich or seen someone eat a weird sandwich?

Evansville, IN Unofficial City Sandwich: Fried Brain Sandwich
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried-brain_sandwich
    I cringe every time I see an ad for those things!

(Side Note: A long time ago, my family ran out of food so we put together what we had left: Mayo + PB sandwiches. Seriously, I’d rather go hungry than eat that nasty thing again. I'm literally getting sick thinking about that experience.)

Peanut Butter and Relish (sandwich relish) sandwichs. My dad ate them all the time so I thought it was normal. It's not. I used to love them but haven't had one in years.

-Earl "the pearl" Jam

Hamdog

The "Hamdog" is a hot dog wrapped in beef patty covered with chili, cheese, onions, eggs and fries.

It seems to me the fried egg was an afterthought, but necessary nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    The "Hamdog" is a hot dog wrapped in beef patty covered with chili, cheese, onions, eggs and fries.

$100 says the creator smokes dope - and lots of it!

-EarlJam

Good lord...and I thought I ate unhealthy food.

Aussie

While in Australia / Papua New Guinea we ate cold beans or cold spagetti (out of the can) on toasted bread for breakfast a lot. I enjoy a beef burger with liverwurst and an egg, but the absolute best "burgers" are made out of venison with a taste of Worcestershire sauce.

This isn't really a weird sandwich, more like a weird snack, perhaps a weird hors d'oeuvre (horse doover, as my grandpa always called it). A weird canape, if you will:

Triscuit crackers with a shmear of peanut butter and a dollop of horseradish (size of the dollop entirely according to the eater's tastes). I swear it's good.

^^^ And there we have the creator of the Hamdog.

I used to eat this open-face sandwich:

Toasted cinnamon-raisin bread topped with deli sliced ham and turkey, covered with steamed fresh broccoli and topped with home-made Monterey Jack cheese sauce.

It's actually pretty good. Weirdest part is the bread, I guess. I may have to try it again with sourdough instead.

Oh, I forgot my 13-year-old son's favorite sandwich.

Bread, peanut butter, hazelnut spread, Cheez-its, and honey.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

I want one now.

vege-burgers

Okay, Don Imus used to push those Garden Burgers on his former MSNBC show. I tried it and added some avocado and alfalfa sprouts. Yeah, yeah, not that outrageous, but for all you caveman blood thirsty carnivores out there, I tell you what... it was SUPERB!!! Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Go Veggie!!!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by eastwind View Post

Go Veggie!!!
    Not now. Not ever.

In my mother's family the standard fare was turnip green sandwiches. I never could do that.

OTOH, PB and M sandwiches rock. It's just a PB and banana, hold the banana. Course to get the right acidic counterpoint to the PB you must use Miracle Whip and not real mayo.

And that hamdog picture illustrates the situation in your arteries after consuming one.

Yummmm

One of my family favorites was always a bannana sandwich. Swishy white bread (i.e. Wonder), spread with margarine, then sliced bananas, sprinkled with a little white sugar. Not so healthy in this day and age, but...still yummy.

Another was a 'raw meat' sandwich. Raw ground beef, sliced onions, on whatever bread was available. (Still love raw ground beef). Sorry, can't help it.

My sister in law used to eat mustard sandwiches as a kid, so I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    One of my family favorites was always a bannana sandwich. Swishy white bread (i.e. Wonder), spread with margarine, then sliced bananas, sprinkled with a little white sugar. Not so healthy in this day and age, but...still yummy.

Another was a 'raw meat' sandwich. Raw ground beef, sliced onions, on whatever bread was available. (Still love raw ground beef). Sorry, can't help it.
    That's not weird! That's just delicious - although I did not use sugar, rather, black pepper.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
    Okay, Don Imus used to push those Garden Burgers on his former MSNBC show. I tried it and added some avocado and alfalfa sprouts. Yeah, yeah, not that outrageous, but for all you caveman blood thirsty carnivores out there, I tell you what... it was SUPERB!!! Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Go Veggie!!!
    I heart veggie burgers with Vermont cheddar cheese. Mmm, mmm good. Not outrageous I know.

That monstrosity alone justifies the existence of Google Adblock.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine