The thread on the Blue-White game got me excited about college basketball. I checked with ACC.com to see what they had on the upcoming season and was pleasantly surprised. First, they are beginning a series of team reviews for the 2007-2008 season. Second, they produced a 2007-2008 ACC Prospectus (see link) which, at first glance, is a terrific handbook for those of us who like ACC basketball.

http://www.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos...f/08prospectus

I also checked in with the locals, reading summaries of their open practices in the school newspaper, school athletic web site and the fan web site. Like the Devils and other ACC schools, there is a lot of enthusiasm about the team. My interpretation is that Gist, Vasquez and Hayes are set for good years; Osby is holding off the freshmen, Milbourne is running with the starters but has a ways to go and the freshmen are, well, freshmen. Each has had some moments and Bowie has stepped up as the backup guard. A couple of the others need to belly up to the bar to provide some depth. I note that Gist, Vasquez and Hayes are all an inch taller and that Hayes has added 20 pounds.

gw67