Thumbs down WHAT??? No coverage on the WBBs game?!

Obviously, I'm in L.A. and couldn't attend the WBBs blue and white game. But I'm disconcerted that in logging on to DBR at almost 2am in L.A., there was not one article about their game

Come on GUYS. They have an amazing team and we do not do them justice. Give me some input/articles/boards about their game...PLEASE

Of course, I've read the coverage on goduke.com. It gets sent to my email. BUT...where's the love from DBR??!! Kinda annoys me, ya know. Tsk tsk

Sorry, i should have been on top of this...

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Obviously, I'm in L.A. and couldn't attend the WBBs blue and white game. But I'm disconcerted that in logging on to DBR at almost 2am in L.A., there was not one article about their game

Come on GUYS. They have an amazing team and we do not do them justice. Give me some input/articles/boards about their game...PLEASE
    From today's N&O:
    McCallie happy with Duke's scrimmage

"I just thought it was a great first-time event for these women," new Duke women's basketball coach Joanne P. McCallie said, according to a school news release. "It was interesting to see all the different combinations of players, and to be in a game-day atmosphere."
    The article is short but the paper will do better coverage as the season goes. the reporter who covers the women does a great job. I'll try to remember to link her articles for you.

At least two of our local broadcast channels had coverage and did a good job as well. I'm not sure if any others did, the two is all i caught.

To me the woman's game is just too slow to get

excited. In fact I think their still bringing the ball up.

with all the hype surrounding the mens team sometimes the women get overshadowed. just how it is this time of year. its just not nearly as exciting. lack of time/writers...

dbr always does a good job of giving them there cred.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    excited. In fact I think their still bringing the ball up.
    Dude. You've already expressed your opinion of the women's game, yet you're somehow interested enough to keep telling us you're not interested. I suggest in the future you simply refrain from opening threads about the women's team rather than continuing to post to tell us how much you don't care.

Of course, I've read the coverage on goduke.com. It gets sent to my email. BUT...where's the love from DBR??!! Kinda annoys me, ya know. Tsk tsk
    I too was quite surprised that there was nothing on the women's BW scrimmage. But never fear, the women get a lot of pub in these forums, and I expect that to continue as the season kicks into high gear. The girls are going to be spectacular, and I know we all support the potential for women to raise banners in Cameron just as much as we do the men.

Also, a Chronicle link:

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-3062585.shtml
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

to blazin etc

And all others. Let's hope that the women GET THEIR DUE. It's an exciting team and they need to fill Cameron for every game! Disgusting that Storrs and TN play to sold out crowds...and Duke begs for attendees.

Come on, Crazies -- where's the love?

And all others. Let's hope that the women GET THEIR DUE. It's an exciting team and they need to fill Cameron for every game! Disgusting that Storrs and TN play to sold out crowds...and Duke begs for attendees.

Come on, Crazies -- where's the love?
    I've got some great pictures up from the event and a report on the way. Rob Clugh has a nice piece up at GoDuke.com and always check out his site.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Watzone, and coverage I've read from RobC. This is a truly exciting team. Those of you in the Triangle -- get there, bring friends, be amazed!