Thread: Coach P LIVE!

Coach P LIVE!

McCallie also played co-host to Duke men's sideline reporter Matthew Laurance during a "GameDay" type pre-game show before the men played. [source]
    For those who couldn't make it she was a natural.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski introduced the women's team at halftime, and, after the game, did something he hasn't often done unprompted in a post-game forum - talk in some form about the women's program.
    It was great to hear him to that. That kind of support from him will go a long way to help the women's program. He is a class act!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    For those who couldn't make it she was a natural.

It was great to hear him to that. That kind of support from him will go a long way to help the women's program. He is a class act!
    He and Mrs. K also showed up for the womens' B-W today...came in right as things got underway and stayed until about 30 sec. before the first half ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighfan View Post
    He and Mrs. K also showed up for the womens' B-W today...came in right as things got underway and stayed until about 30 sec. before the first half ended.
    Glad they were there, but ya know, if the students, or upstairs crazies did that, they'd be blasted by K and many here. And rightly so.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Glad they were there, but ya know, if the students, or upstairs crazies did that, they'd be blasted by K and many here. And rightly so.
    Although K wasn't being mobbed for autographs, I did see several people approach him during the scrimmage with BBalls, books, programs, etc. in hand. Perhaps he didn't want to be a distraction at the womens' game. Perhaps he didn't want to be mobbed at half-time. I doubt the rest of us have that problem to deal with when we're out in public.

We noticed that K was being asked for autographs during play as well. I tried to convince my 4 year old to ask him for a high 5 during the break, but he was too focused on his snack to care. Obviously I have work to do with him, K > Fun Dip! Nice to see them there. Also spotted Taylor King briefly.

Coach P seems to be a real class act. She took the time at Saturday's Game Day to mingle with the crowd before going up on stage. She got right down to my kids' level and asked them questions and got 5s from them. 2 minutes talking to us and I appreciated it.

Coach P sure seemed relaxed at the women's Blue / White as well. She sat up on top of the scores table, took some notes, gave some instruction and looked like she was having a good time. It will be interesting to see how she changes once the games begin, but she has set a nice tone with the fans already.

Originally Posted by Raleighfan He and Mrs. K also showed up for the womens' B-W today...came in right as things got underway and stayed until about 30 sec. before the first half ended.
    Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighfan View Post
    Although K wasn't being mobbed for autographs, I did see several people approach him during the scrimmage with BBalls, books, programs, etc. in hand. Perhaps he didn't want to be a distraction at the womens' game. Perhaps he didn't want to be mobbed at half-time. I doubt the rest of us have that problem to deal with when we're out in public.
    i posted the entires string just so it will flow properly...no other reason.

I don't think the length of time he was there matters, all that matters is that he was there. His presence, as well as his very kind and powerful comments on Saturday spoke volumes for his support of the women's program.

I think Raleighfan is correct. His prolonged presence would have just enabled others to get up the nerve to go speak to him, especially when people see how quickly he will sign and autograph or shake a hand. If i can add to that he has a game this Thursday, a first game with this team, that he must prepare for.

Quote Originally Posted by eran View Post
    We noticed that K was being asked for autographs during play as well. I tried to convince my 4 year old to ask him for a high 5 during the break, but he was too focused on his snack to care. Obviously I have work to do with him, K > Fun Dip! Nice to see them there. Also spotted Taylor King briefly.

Coach P seems to be a real class act. She took the time at Saturday's Game Day to mingle with the crowd before going up on stage. She got right down to my kids' level and asked them questions and got 5s from them. 2 minutes talking to us and I appreciated it.

Coach P sure seemed relaxed at the women's Blue / White as well. She sat up on top of the scores table, took some notes, gave some instruction and looked like she was having a good time. It will be interesting to see how she changes once the games begin, but she has set a nice tone with the fans already.

it is not uncommon to see men at women's games and vise versa. The two teams get along great.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to her briefly and i came away with the same impression. I hear that she gets emotional and vocal at games. Should be fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    I don't think the length of time he was there matters, all that matters is that he was there. His presence, as well as his very kind and powerful comments on Saturday spoke volumes for his support of the women's program.

I think Raleighfan is correct. His prolonged presence would have just enabled others to get up the nerve to go speak to him, especially when people see how quickly he will sign and autograph or shake a hand. If i can add to that he has a game this Thursday, a first game with this team, that he must prepare for.
    I agree; I don't know if he didn't have a great relationship with Coach G, or if he just never thought to/was encouraged to/was asked to show up at a women's game, but him being there this time was fantastic. Much as I'd love for women's basketball to be on the same footing as men's, the men are just so much higher profile, everything they can do to boost the women's program is great. I also agree that his extended presence would probably have turned more into a distraction than a help.

The more I hear about Coach P, the more excited I am about our team this year. She has so much enthusiasm, the players can't help but get buoyed up, too, and I really think it's going to make a big difference come March. GO BLUE DEVILS!