Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Actual live photo of UNC’s lawyers and PR team:

Attachment 8501
    I tend to disagree with you on the photo. Myrtle Beach is a better way to spend all that Ker-o-liner money. The beach scenery is very good this time of year !

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Santa has more basis in reality than integrity does at uNC. (sorry devildeac, I couldn't let that pass)

Edit: Tried to paste in a pic of The Black Knight, but I have not mastered that skill.
    No problem. No apology necessary. I'd have been disappointed if the rotund, merry fellow was ignored completely here.

Poor proof-reading on my part, too. Maybe I was thinking of this cheater:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B...ican_football)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I think I'm gonna hurl.

"We have high expectations of all of our students, coaches and staff, and we expect everyone to abide by and embrace team and NCAA rules," UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in the statement. "We are disappointed when we fall short, and we always strive to get better.

When we became aware of a situation within the football program, we self-reported what the NCAA deemed to be a secondary violation. I worked closely with Chancellor Folt and Coach Fedora to address this issue from an NCAA, University and Department of Athletics perspective, and we have taken appropriate disciplinary action."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    "we have taken appropriate disciplinary action."
    LOL!

They made their tutor write a book report for a no-show AFAM class.

I guess instead of being the concussions
    it’s got to be the shoes

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    ...and there is a reason that Carolina's football recruiting has taken a serious nose dive.
    Per 247Sports, Carolina's 2018 recruiting class was #4 in the ACC. State was 6, Duke 12 and Wake Forest 13.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Fo...Conference=ACC

In 2017, Carolina was #5. Duke was 8, State was 10 and Wake Forest 14.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...Conference=ACC

In 2016, Carolina was #5. Duke was 6, State was 9 and Wake Forest 10.

https://247sports.com/Season/2016-Fo...Conference=ACC

It seems to me there has been no "serious nose dive" in recruiting.

[/Facts]
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I think I'm gonna hurl.
    "We have high expectations of all of our students, coaches and staff to avoid disclosure and detection of cheating, and we expect everyone to avoid getting caught," UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in the statement. "We are disappointed when we got caught, and we always strive to get away clean.

"When we became aware of a situation within the football program that could not be swept under the rug, we self-reported what the NCAA deemed to be a secondary violation. I worked closely with Chancellor Folt and Coach Fedora to address this issue from an NCAA, University and Department of Athletics perspective, and we have taken appropriate disciplinary action against those responsible for this ever coming to light."

"FIFY," as the kids say.

Update on shoe scandal. No players will be suspended for any games. UNC provided all students whether they were athletes or not the opportunity to sell the own shoes and other apparel.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Edit: Tried to paste in a pic of The Black Knight, but I have not mastered that skill.
    Hard to cut and paste when you're arms are chopped off.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "Just a flesh wound."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Just a flesh wound."
    I am going to go chop my fingers off for typing "you're" instead of "your". Grrrrrr. It's after noon, I can't even blame lack of coffee.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

On the bright side, though, our son completed the ugliest jigsaw puzzle he's ever seen with images of the Old Well and the "u"nc campus and he's proud to announce that he sent a screen shot to the registrar's office and got 4 hours worth of credit for an independent study. (rolling eyes emoji)

On the bright side, though, our son completed the ugliest jigsaw puzzle he's ever seen with images of the Old Well and the "u"nc campus and he's proud to announce that he sent a screen shot to the registrar's office and got 4 hours worth of credit for an independent study. (rolling eyes emoji)
    Only 4 hrs? Man they're getting strict over there. I remember the days when reading the program at the homecoming game would get you a BA in English Lit, but those were the good ole days. It's a different time.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Only 4 hrs? Man they're getting strict over there. I remember the days when reading the program at the homecoming game would get you a BA in English Lit, but those were the good ole days. It's a different time.
    More ncaa oversight and fear of SACS now.

He should at least get a masters degree in fine arts!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    He should at least get a masters degree in fine arts!
    Beauty is in the eyes of the be(er)holder.

Doesn't look like they'll be let off the hook after all, though it appears the hook/s are rather small ones.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/tar-he...ions/17750363/

"North Carolina announced that 13 players, including multiple returning starters, will miss at least one game due to suspension and nine will be suspended four games following a secondary NCAA violation committed by each of the athletes during this past offseason, the athletic department announced Monday."

Boo-freaking-hoo.

9F.
    Last edited by devildeac; 08-06-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Doesn't look like they'll be let off the hook after all, though it appears the hook/s are rather small ones.

"North Carolina announced that 13 players, including multiple returning starters, will miss at least one game due to suspension and nine will be suspended four games following a secondary NCAA violation committed by each of the athletes during this past offseason, the athletic department announced Monday."

Boo-freaking-hoo.

9F.
    the uncaa will probably sit them all out on their bye week.

let's see....one suspension game for selling a jersey

NOTHING for 18 years of academic fraud and cheating. the uncaa must have been upset the didn't get their cut of the action.

Boo-freaking-hoo.

9F.
    Chazz Surratt is one of the 13. He will miss the first 4 games. His de-committment is sure looking like a good thing for Duke.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide