Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I haven't watched any live action today, but I imagine that this could be part of why Dustin Johnson shot 76 today?

Meanwhile, South Africans account for 3 of the top 7 places so far today (T2, T2 and T5). And none of them is surnamed Oosthuizen or Grace.

Looks like cooler temperatures with some chance of rain tomorrow. That might soften those fairways a bit.
    Nah, DJ was just missing in general. He hit two balls out of bounds, and just wasn't hitting his greens well.

DJ and Koepka decided to go driver and attack the course rather than hitting irons off the tee (Tiger went with irons). For DJ, he hit one out of bounds off the tee and another out of bounds on his approach. And he just never could get a good hole together. For Koepka, he struggled early but has righted the ship somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    For Koepka, he struggled early but has righted the ship somewhat.
    41 >> 31 for Koepka, so this seems like understatement.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

41 >> 31 for Koepka, so this seems like understatement.
    Yeah, he went on a tear right after I posted that. Finished up darn near par for the round, which is certainly well within the hunt.

DJ will have some work to do to be able to play on the weekend.

Woods had a really nice round going, then found a few fairway bunkers. That's the one big no-no on this course (well, that and finding the berms). It's basically a one-stroke penalty each time, and Woods bogeyed on those occasions. That and a 3-putt and you wind up counterbalancing your 3 birdies for the round.

Looking forward to tomorrow's play.

Looking forward to tomorrow's play.
    Me, too. All 9 of my guys are above what would be the current cut-line, although two of them (Leishman & Fleetwood) are right "on the number" at present. Weather tomorrow should be a little more "Scottish," but it doesn't look like the winds are projected to really come up until *maybe* Sunday.

Me, too. All 9 of my guys are above what would be the current cut-line, although two of them (Leishman & Fleetwood) are right "on the number" at present. Weather tomorrow should be a little more "Scottish," but it doesn't look like the winds are projected to really come up until *maybe* Sunday.
    For me, only Cabrera-Bello is in serious trouble at +3. Zach Johnson and McIlroy are at -2, Stenson and Noren are in the top-20 at -1, and Woods (E), Schauffele (E), and Fleetwood (+1) are above the cut line. Lots of guys are still very much in contention as the top of the leaderboard (besides Finau) is fairly unproven.

Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    My first attempt at this:

6 - Fowler
    6 - Rory
    5 - Fleetwood
    5 - F.Molanari
    4 - DeChambeau
    2 - Tiger
    2 - Zach Johnson

-9 Final score
    Looking at that lis:

RF -1 T18
    RM -2 T8
    TF +1 T50
    FM -1 T18
    BD +4 T110
    TW E T32
    ZJ -2 T9

Pretty happy with Zach Johnson, DeChambeau, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Looking at that lis:

RF -1 T18
    RM -2 T8
    TF +1 T50
    FM -1 T18
    BD +4 T110
    TW E T32
    ZJ -2 T9

Pretty happy with Zach Johnson, DeChambeau, not so much.
    Given that this format is dollars won and not total strokes for your team, the main thing is having the winner. Having a balanced team only matters to the extent that multiple people have the same winner and how others place break the tie. At least that's how I'm talking myself into my team's lackluster day...

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Having a balanced team only matters to the extent that multiple people have the same winner and how others place break the tie.
    Or nobody has the winner.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Team Green consists of:

Dustin Johnson (9)
    Rickie Fowler (6)
    Tommy Fleetwood (5)
    Francesco Molinari (5)
    Charley Hoffman (3)
    Luke List (2)

Winning score: -8
    Luke List -1 T18
    Rickie Fowler -1 T18
    Francesco Molinari -1 T18
    Charley Hoffman E T32
    Tommy Fleetwood +1 T50
    Dustin Johnson +5 T129

I have five of six in position to make the cut. Hopefully DJ can turn things around tomorrow.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Given that this format is dollars won and not total strokes for your team, the main thing is having the winner. Having a balanced team only matters to the extent that multiple people have the same winner and how others place break the tie. At least that's how I'm talking myself into my team's lackluster day...
    1. $1,845,000
    2. $1,067,000
    3. $684,000
    4. $532,000
    5. $428,000
    6. $371,000
    7. $318,000
    8. $268,000
    9. $235,000
    10. $213,000
    20. $107,000
    30. $68,000
    40. $45,500
    50. $28,900
    60. $25,200
    70. $23,600

As you can see, if you don't have someone finish in the top 5 then your take will probably be pretty meaningless. I mean, the difference in finishing 10th and finishing 70th just isn't that big a deal in our format. If you had one guy finish 2nd and everyone else miss the cut, you would do better than the guy who had his team finish 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th!

-Jason "of course, if a nobody wins and another pair of nobodies finish second and third then having a team with a lot of top 20 finishers could help you win... but that seems unlikely" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

DJ won’t play the weekend.

DJ won’t play the weekend.
    And Justin Thomas is on the edge.

At the moment, I'm feeling good about my picks. Zach Johnson leading, Fleetwood #2, McIlroy T4. Still need to see what the afternoon groups do. Hopefully Cabrera-Bello, Schauffele, and Noren can pick it up. Stenson is hovering at the cut line which would stink. Woods sitting at even is looking like he'll play the weekend.

The rain has made today's play look MUCH different than yesterday's play.

So, 2-over is the current cut line. A good number of golfers are done. Among the folks who are done, or almost done, who folks here are watching, the following guys look like they won't be making the weekend.

Henrick Stenson (+3, F), Sergio Garcia (+3, 13), Rafa Cabrerra Bello (+3, F), Justin Thomas (+4, F), Bubba (+4, 14), Matsuyama (+4, 12), DJ (+6, F), Poulter (+8, 13), Snedeker (+12, F).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, 2-over is the current cut line. A good number of golfers are done. Among the folks who are done, or almost done, who folks here are watching, the following guys look like they won't be making the weekend.

Henrick Stenson (+3, F), Sergio Garcia (+3, 13), Rafa Cabrerra Bello (+3, F), Justin Thomas (+4, F), Bubba (+4, 14), Matsuyama (+4, 12), DJ (+6, F), Poulter (+8, 13), Snedeker (+12, F).
    Still too early to feel confident in that cut line. So many guys sitting at +1 or +2 and currently in play or yet to tee off. The top-70 plus ties will make the weekend. Stenson, Garcia, and Cabrera Bello have a reasonable chance. Thomas is sweating for sure though. Bubba and Matsuyama can still push themselves into a shot. DJ, Poulter, and Snedeker are out.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Thankfully the only guy on my team (so far) that is staring at going home is Sergio. Have a decent day, Tiger!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Still too early to feel confident in that cut line. So many guys sitting at +1 or +2 and currently in play or yet to tee off. The top-70 plus ties will make the weekend. Stenson, Garcia, and Cabrera Bello have a reasonable chance. Thomas is sweating for sure though. Bubba and Matsuyama can still push themselves into a shot. DJ, Poulter, and Snedeker are out.
    Yeah, I think the cut line will drop a shot and +3 will end up making the weekend. I think Justin Thomas is out of luck at +4. Conditions would have to deteriorate significantly to put +4 on the right side of the cut line.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Looks like the rain is about to stop, which is a nice break for the afternoon players. It will play slower still, but at least without the rain.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Sergio back to +2, so I'm feeling better about a full team for Saturday.

Edit...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! As soon as I typed that, he dropped to +4. Way to go, buddy.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So it looks I'm 5/6 going in to Saturday, but as of right now, only 2 (McIlroy and Koepka) are in the top 20. Next best shots lie with Day and Woods, who are tied at 28th with even scores.

Gonna be ticked off at Sergio all day!