Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    He’s ba-aack! Or so it appears through 11 today -5!
    And now in 1st, with 6 under.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Tiger finishes with a 66 and is -5 for the tourney. He will probably be several strokes back (currently 2 back) by day’s end, but he positioned himself to be relevant on Sunday. He sure looks like a player who can win a major.

If you have Tiger and Molinari on your team (I do!!) you are having a good day! Seems like lots of us will be in the running tomorrow. It all depends on whether the leader gets to 10 or 11 under and puts the slew of guys at -4 to -6 in a real tough spot. If the leader is at 8 under or 9 under, there will be a ton of guys in contention tomorrow.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well, Cabrera Bello and Stenson did me no favors, but Woods and Noren both made charges, and Johnson, Schauffele, Fleetwood, and McIlroy are playing well. I currently have the co-leader and six of the top-10 (five of the top-8). But four of those six still have 7 or 8 holes to go, so a lot can happen. Especially since the last four holes are very tough.

Right now I'm 5,5,8,12, 37, 51 and 74. Day and Kim letting me down. CDU and some others are KILLIN

The back 9 has taken a bite back, but I have Schauffele and a bunch of guys at -5.

I have 5, T6, T13, T36 and T69. Rickie Fowler and Luke List fell hard today.
    Bob Green

Tomorrow -- Sunday Weather

Forecast is for morning rains and a bit of a blow in the PM. Winds of 17-19 MPH -- and probably gusts beyond that.

For those hoping for a Tiger win, he is T-6 and trails by four -- and the problem is that one of the leaders is Jordan Spieth, who has already won three majors and is defending champion. Francesco Molinari is the other proven winner, and he will be paired with Tiger (I believe). Tiger was rooting for bad weather on Sunday, and he will get his wish.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I have 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, and 20. Still in it, if things break right. Tomorrow should be a ton of fun. Great theater!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I have four guys in the top six. Spieth, Molinari, Kuchar, and Fleetwood. Thomas and Fitzpatrick missed the cut.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I have T1, T6 (x5), T61, and T78 (i.e., Mr. Irrelevant). Would feel better if my T1 was someone other than the super-young (though super-talented) Schauffele. But I will gladly take it with six guys within four of the lead.

Round 4 is underway with weather conditions making the course more difficult. It will be a challenge to go low today.
    Bob Green

Sooooooo many possible story lines. This has the chance to be an absolutely historic day in major championship golf.

The leaders are on the course. The final round, in the quest for the Claret Jug, is underway.
    Bob Green

As the Open app radio broadcasters said, “the cat is amongst the pigeons now.” Tiger a shot back.

Tiger now tied for the lead through 8.

They all say that they want him. Guess what.

Tiger is headed to the back 9, and will almost certainly be alone atop the leaderboard.

Given what this wind is likely to do to scores this afternoon, Eddie (effin’) Pepperell just might be sitting pretty in the clubhouse at-5.

Tiger with a vintage Tiger shot from the fairway bunker to about 25 feet from the hole. He sure seems like he’s back to me.