Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Grayson is struggling with his shot but he is distributing the ball very well. I think he has 8 assists through 2 and 2/3 quarters.

Grayson and Tre young get tangled up, some pushing, some judo....double techs....

grayson is a targeted player...that ish from college is gonna stick like a nickname...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Grayson and Tre young get tangled up, some pushing, some judo...double techs...

grayson is a targeted player...that ish from college is gonna stick like a nickname...
    I really, really doubt it.

Yeah JJ didn’t have his reputation follow him into the MBA

Trae Young is terrible tho

They just gave some interesting stats on Grayson from his college years.

He had 100+ baskets made around the rim as a sophomore; I believe 50+ as a junior and 30+ as a senior(carter/bagley effect).

Grayson is playing effective basketball on the offensive end but definitely lacks some elusiveness as a ballhandler. His quickness isn't likely to improve so he is really going go to have to focus on his handles.

9 pts 5 reb 8asts 3steals

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Yeah JJ didn’t have his reputation follow him into the MBA

Trae Young is terrible tho
    MBA? I thought JJ had to delay taking the GMAT due to Philadelphia's surprise playoff run and therefore has yet to enroll in any MBA program. I've heard business school can be fiercely competitive but hopefully his classmates won't harass him over antics from over a decade ago. :-)

Now the Allen play is all over the news again. What'd he even do? Push Trae Young away with his head after Young started it all by trying to throw Allen down?

Action finished in the other two summer leagues ahead of the main attraction in Las Vegas.

The Warriors finished sweeping the Sacramento league with a 77-71 win over the Lakers.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180705/LALGSW#/boxscore

Harry had 11 points and 12 rebounds and hit the 7 foul mark in 27 minutes while Marvin had an unusual line of 1 point in 29 minutes as the Kings lost to the Heat 86-76.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180705/MIASAC#/boxscore

San Antonio beat Memphis 94-87 as Deyonta Davis was worried about his team's rookie big overshadowing him so he picked up 8 fouls.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180705/MEMSAS#/boxscore

Grayson had 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 8 assists in 27 minutes in Utah's 92-87 win over Atlanta.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180705/ATLUTA#/boxscore

Here are the remaining rosters:

Trevon's teammates on the Rockets:
    https://www.nba.com/rockets/news/las...eague-schedule

Amile and the Timberwolves:
    https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/tim...s-vegas-roster

Sixers:
    https://www.nba.com/sixers/76ers-ann...r-and-schedule

Thunder:
    http://files.constantcontact.com/43f...8319cd3ffe.pdf

Wizards:
    https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-...-league-roster

Here is Friday's schedule as Las Vegas play starts (all times ET, games on NBATV also on ESPN3):
    Rockets (Trevon) vs Pacers, 3:00pm NBATV
    Raptors vs Pelican (Frank), 3:30pm ESPNU
    Nets vs Magic, 5:00pm NBATV
    Thunder vs Hornets, 5:30pm ESPNU
    Bucks vs Pistons, 7:00pm NBATV
    Celtics vs Sixers, 7:30pm ESPN
    Cavaliers vs Wizards, 9:00pm NBATV
    Mavericks vs Suns, 9:30pm ESPN
    Nuggets vs Timberwolves (Amile), 11:00pm NBATV
    Clippers vs Warriors, 11:30pm ESPN

According to the front page, Luke Kennard is out for summer league play due to a left knee strain. I was really looking forward to watching him show off the developments in his game. JJ really took advantage of the Orlando summer league during his early years with the Magic.I believe the steady improvement he has shown throughout his career was facilitated by the time he spent as the focal point of his summer league squads. I hope Kennard can a follow a similar or even accelerated path of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Grayson had 9 points, 6 rebounds, and 8 assists in 27 minutes in Utah's 92-87 win over Atlanta.
    http://www.nba.com/games/20180705/ATLUTA#/boxscore
    Sportstalk radio in Atlanta is in full-on freak-out mode over Trae Young's summer league performance thus far. The Hawks traded away from Luca Doncic to get a guy who just went

vs. Utah 3-16 FGs, 1-8 3FGs, 7 Ast, 6 TOs
    vs. SA 5-16 FGs, 1-5 3FGs, 3 Ast, 3 TOs
    vs. Mem 4-20 FGs, 1-11 3FGs, 3 Ast, 2 TOs

So, he just shot 23% from the field, 12.5% from three with almost 4 turnovers per game... in the summer league against a bunch of guys who have only a small chance of even making a NBA roster. Yikes!

-Jason "the Hawks are the early favorite to make the top of the lottery again in 2019, that's for sure!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Grayson is struggling with his shot but he is distributing the ball very well. I think he has 8 assists through 2 and 2/3 quarters.
    The announcers were impressed with his court awareness. His shooting will come but he was struggling yesterday. But he knows how to get to the line and can handle the physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Oh man I am seriously hoping this duo becomes THE frontcourt in 2-3 years. Marvin and Harry both possess games tailor-made for the NBA and compliment each other so well. Each can shoot it, run to the rim, and rebound. De'Aaron Fox has a couple of studs in the frontcourt and is a very exciting point guard that will get these two involved. As a cherry on top, Marvin and Harry have the opportunity to force a pair of Kentucky kids to the bench in Willie Cauley-Stein and Skal Labissier.
    Whoa, MB3 still wearing Ferry's #? WTH?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Grayson and Tre young get tangled up, some pushing, some judo...double techs...

I was just putting on the soccer pre-game and had the misfortune of catching the end of a rant by Cris Carter about how Grayson continues to have major behavioral issues and it is Coach K's fault that it is now continuing into the NBA. As the kids say these days, OMG...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I was just putting on the soccer pre-game and had the misfortune of catching the end of a rant by Cris Carter about how Grayson continues to have major behavioral issues and it is Coach K's fault that it is now continuing into the NBA. As the kids say these days, OMG...
    The same Chris Carter that signed with an agent and became ineligible which contributed to the firing of his head coach and then had drug problems in his rookie year? The same Chris Carter is lecturing about behavioral issues?

I assume this is a different Cris Carter than the one who just caught touchdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sportstalk radio in Atlanta is in full-on freak-out mode over Trae Young's summer league performance thus far. The Hawks traded away from Luca Doncic to get a guy who just went

So, he just shot 23% from the field, 12.5% from three with almost 4 turnovers per game... in the summer league against a bunch of guys who have only a small chance of even making a NBA roster. Yikes!

-Jason "the Hawks are the early favorite to make the top of the lottery again in 2019, that's for sure!" Evans
    Yea, Young has looked awful. Poor shot selection (news flash, Trae: You're not Steph Curry), making bad decisions and isn't quite strong enough to absorb contact at the NBA level.

He may eventually figure it out, but if I'm a Hawks fan, I'm higher on Omari Spellman right now.

Ahhhhh, the joys of "potential".

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Yea, Young has looked awful. Poor shot selection (news flash, Trae: You're not Steph Curry), making bad decisions and isn't quite strong enough to absorb contact at the NBA level.

He may eventually figure it out, but if I'm a Hawks fan, I'm higher on Omari Spellman right now.
    To be fair, Curry wasn't this version of Curry back in the 2009 Summer League either. And he was two years older than Young is now at that time. Lots of guys struggled in summer league during their first introduction to the NBA and still turned out okay. Curry went 26-80 from the field (32.5%) and averaged just 4.2 assists to 3.6 turnovers per game in his summer league appearance. Derrick Rose was even worse, shooting 5-17 (29.4%) and having 5.5 assists to 4 turnovers per game in his summer league.

Not saying Young will be good or great in the NBA. Just saying I wouldn't worry too much about his performance in summer league.

Too early to hit the panic button on Young, but that trade was terrible. It reeks of a GM trying to prove how smart he is by doing something shocking, instead of just making the smart play.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOneedsSOX View Post
    Now the Allen play is all over the news again. What'd he even do? Push Trae Young away with his head after Young started it all by trying to throw Allen down?
    It really is all over the place today. Kinda glad this doesn't involve Duke anymore. When Redick started his career he didn't have NBA twitter pouring over his every move. Gonna be tougher for Grayson.