Coach K NBA Draft

I noticed that Coach K was apparently not in attendance at the NBA draft last night.
    Just about every other player invited had his college coach there to root him on.
    Perhaps it is just something that he doesn't do. However I thought that, at least to me, he was conspicuous by his absence.
    After all he had five potential draftees and ultimately four of his kids were drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by porkpa View Post
    I noticed that Coach K was apparently not in attendance at the NBA draft last night.
    Just about every other player invited had his college coach there to root him on.
    Perhaps it is just something that he doesn't do. However I thought that, at least to me, he was conspicuous by his absence.
    After all he had five potential draftees and ultimately four of his kids were drafted.
    I can’t recall ever seeing him at the draft. Scheyer was there (with the Allens).

I believe I remember seeing a quote that he doesn't attend because (he feels) the the night is for the players and their families.

Coach K is at a strata where he doesn't have to "keep up with the Joneses...." - He IS the Joneses.

K is too busy at the beach post-Father's Day and getting ready for the 4th of July.

And musing about plays for his incoming phenoms.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I sseem to remember Capel there one year.

The coaches from Mich, Mich St, Zona, Nova, UK and quite a few others were there. It just seemed strange to me that he wasn't. Oh well.

The coaches from Mich, Mich St, Zona, Nova, UK and quite a few others were there. It just seemed strange to me that he wasn't. Oh well.
    The coaches from Mich, Mich St, Zona, Nova and UK are in the club of those at the NBA draft. It's a big club.

K is in the club of 5 National Titles and a few Gold medals with NBA players. It's a tiny club.

Sometimes not being in the big club is a good thing.

Why is it strange this year? As someone else already said, he doesn't go because it isn't about him. He has held this stance for a long time. I wish I could find the quote, but my Google-fu is lacking this morning.

He probably just didn’t want to do the interview with the sideline reporter 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    K is too busy at the beach post-Father's Day and getting ready for the 4th of July.

And musing about plays for his incoming phenoms.

He and the rest of the staff are working on players' minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post
    He and the rest of the staff are working on players' minutes.
    Awesome. I will think about it and try to offer suggestions.

For those that don't know, he oversees a basketball camp every summer which he was in attendance at yesterday per my 10-year-old son.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Awesome. I will think about it and try to offer suggestions.
    I knew there was an excellent reason you did not attend the NBA Draft either.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.