Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Loved my Puma sneakers as a kid, much preferred over Adidas. Now, most all the shoes I wear, sneakers, work shoes and most recently my golf shoes, are Sketchers. Tremendously comfortable!

Good for Clyde Frazier, one of my all time favorite basketball players. Loved watching him as a kid, growing up in the NY area and rooting for the Knicks! I can still hear Marv Albert on the radio saying "yessssss!" Oh, wait, that was last week on TV...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Nice long interview with Bagley (and his dad) on CBS. He makes some similar points as what Carter said previously regarding him feeling like he can show and do more, but does so in a much more diplomatic way that doesn’t come off as being critical of Duke. Worth a read/listen.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Loved my Puma sneakers as a kid, much preferred over Adidas. Now, most all the shoes I wear, sneakers, work shoes and most recently my golf shoes, are Sketchers. Tremendously comfortable!

Good for Clyde Frazier, one of my all time favorite basketball players. Loved watching him as a kid, growing up in the NY area and rooting for the Knicks! I can still hear Marv Albert on the radio saying "yessssss!" Oh, wait, that was last week on TV...
    Wait a minute, as a kid rooting for Clyde and the Knicks you had Pumas? I thought the only thing we had back then were Pro-Keds and Converse.

Watching Marv during the Finals reminded just how old he is. As a teenager I remember he did both the Knicks games as well as the Ranger games with Bill "The Big Whistle" Chadwick. Since you're from the NY area, do you listen to Cousin Brucie on Sirius XM? He's another blast from the past and that once golden radio voice isn't so golden anymore, but the memories help sooth that issue.

Bagley was paid millions by Nike to play for Duke and then later to sign with Nike. Then, to avoid the heat, he signed with Puma. I know this is true because a thread on Inside Carolina explains it in great detail.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    I know this is true because a thread on Inside Carolina explains it in great detail.
    Thank the Lord that I now know the real deal.😉

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Bagley was paid millions by Nike to play for Duke and then later to sign with Nike. Then, to avoid the heat, he signed with Puma. I know this is true because a thread on Inside Carolina explains it in great detail.
    LOL, you had me going for a minute there! Well played, next Biff will chime in and claim it's true.

It turns out that Bagley signing with Nike or not signing with Nike proves Nike paid him to play for Duke, a most unfortunate conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Just bought a few Puma hats to wear on outdoor courts. It will be interesting to see if Puma can break back into the top of the industry.

Well, Nike has taken notice, and won't make it easy for Puma. On May 3, Nike sued Puma in Massachusetts federal court alleging that Puma infringes Nike patents on Nike’s Flyknit®, Air®, and cleat assembly in several of Puma’s footwear products.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Wait a minute, as a kid rooting for Clyde and the Knicks you had Pumas? I thought the only thing we had back then were Pro-Keds and Converse.

Watching Marv during the Finals reminded just how old he is. As a teenager I remember he did both the Knicks games as well as the Ranger games with Bill "The Big Whistle" Chadwick. Since you're from the NY area, do you listen to Cousin Brucie on Sirius XM? He's another blast from the past and that once golden radio voice isn't so golden anymore, but the memories help sooth that issue.
    I met Cousin Brucie in 1966 as a 12 year old at Camp Swago, where he had gone as a kid and came back to visit yearly to promote himself. I called in to his XM show several years ago and asked him if he remembered me? He got a good laugh over that!

I still remember the first two lines of those Ranger teams: Jean Ratelle centering Vic Hatfield and Rod Gilbert, and Walt Tkaczuk centering Dave Balon and Billy Fairburn. Pete Stemkowski was the third line center and Brad Park our star defenseman. Eddie Giacomen was the goalie! Pardon the spelling errors.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I met Cousin Brucie in 1966 as a 12 year old at Camp Swago, where he had gone as a kid and came back to visit yearly to promote himself. I called in to his XM show several years ago and asked him if he remembered me? He got a good laugh over that!

I still remember the first two lines of those Ranger teams: Jean Ratelle centering Vic Hatfield and Rod Gilbert, and Walt Tkaczuk centering Dave Balon and Billy Fairburn. Pete Stemkowski was the third line center and Brad Park our star defenseman. Eddie Giacomen was the goalie! Pardon the spelling errors.
    Those were some very good Ranger teams and they remind me of the Knick teams during the Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy era. Close, but no cigar. For the Knicks it seemed like it was always the Bulls and for the Rangers it was always the Bruins.

Eddie Giacomen was the goalie!
    Him wiping away tears as the Garden fans chanted his name when he returned with Detroit is one of my all-time favorite sports clips.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wow. Puma going for the home run.
    They really pounced on that opportunity