Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Cut projected at 6 over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I think it will move to 7 or 8.
    Yeah, half the folks haven't started play yet. Considering that the average score is well over par, I think that cut line will likely move south by the end of the day.

Put a fork in Tiger.
    Yeah, his short game has really let him down these two days. The distance is still very much there, but he hasn't found the feel on his approaches and play around the greens yet. And on this course, that's devastating, because even small misses are incredibly penal.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, half the folks haven't started play yet. Considering that the average score is well over par, I think that cut line will likely move south by the end of the day.
    The cut line has already moved to +7 and I’d bet on it going to +8. DJ is in the clubhouse at -4 and may have a 5 or 6 shot lead at the end of the day unless someone like Rose or Stenson can put together a good round. We might be looking at a runaway win like Kaymer’s, Rory’s or even (gulp) Tiger’s.

Just checking, but is it too late to revise my picks? I know he is expensive, but I have a feeling about Dustin Johnson
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    The cut line has already moved to +7 and I’d bet on it going to +8. DJ is in the clubhouse at -4 and may have a 5 or 6 shot lead at the end of the day unless someone like Rose or Stenson can put together a good round. We might be looking at a runaway win like Kaymer’s, Rory’s or even (gulp) Tiger’s.
    I hope we don't see a runaway win this weekend by DJ. It would be nice to see some sort of competitive contest for the win, but, as of now (mid-Friday afternoon), no one seems to be able to play the course the way DJ has.

Put a fork in Tiger.
    Forget Tiger, put a fork in my team!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Forget Tiger, put a fork in my team!
    Brutal tournament. I don't know what the record is, but while trying to look it up, I found this from last year. This year's cut has to be way up there.

Eight of the top 12 in the world will not be around for the weekend at this most unusual U.S. Open, where the top 60 and ties advanced to the final two rounds. The cut was at 1-over 145, tying a U.S. Open record set in 1990 at Medinah.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...roy/102932026/

By the way, one of those 12 that missed was DJ.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Looking like Spieth may make the cut. Phil definitely will. Koepka and Fleetwood moved way up, Poulter faltered. Big lead heading to the weekend for DJ.

As for picks, if Spieth sneaks in I will get five of my seven guys in the money, with Just Kuchar and Woods missing. Can’t say that it was “money” well spent on Spieth either way though. At least the DJ, Koepka, Dufner, and Zach Johnson picks have worked so far.

Looking like Spieth may make the cut. Phil definitely will. Koepka and Fleetwood moved way up, Poulter faltered. Big lead heading to the weekend for DJ.

As for picks, if Spieth sneaks in I will get five of my seven guys in the money, with Just Kuchar and Woods missing. Can’t say that it was “money” well spent on Spieth either way though. At least the DJ, Koepka, Dufner, and Zach Johnson picks have worked so far.
    Now looks like Spieth probably misses. Not sure enough people fall back to +9.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Without spending too much time looking into it, I think you're kicking my arse...

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Now looks like Spieth probably misses. Not sure enough people fall back to +9.
    Yep. Plus 8 looks pretty certain to be the line. Oh well.

While Dustin Johnson seems like a decent guy and is unarguably a great golfer, I really don't want to see a runaway (and won't watch (therefore won't "see")). Takes all the fun out of it. Would really like to see a duel with Justin Rose. Or Rickie Fowler. But will appreciate anyone that challenges him.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    While Dustin Johnson seems like a decent guy and is unarguably a great golfer, I really don't want to see a runaway (and won't watch (therefore won't "see")). Takes all the fun out of it. Would really like to see a duel with Justin Rose. Or Rickie Fowler. But will appreciate anyone that challenges him.
    Considering I have all three of them in my pool picks, I wouldn't mind that either! Thrown Marc Leishman in there too and I'm golden!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Hey guys, I know we are only allowed 30 points, but would I be allowed to bend the rules just a little bit and take this 40 point team? It is full of players we all selected with careful thought and planning. I really think I would have a good chance to win with these guys.

McIlroy 7
    Spieth 7
    Rahm 7
    Day 6
    Watson 4
    Garcia 4
    Kuchar 3
    Woods 2

-Jason "$0 earned on the golf course this weekend (but probably several million in endorsements this weekend alone)" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hate the course set up

Not sure what the USGA is trying to but produce entertaining golf is not one of them. Nor is a set up that rewards great shots.

When four of the top 10 players in the world don't make the cut, then I think you have a problem.

For me the Masters is great because having seen it some many times I have a good idea as to the course, the course is beautiful, and there are many risk-reward holes.

I find this Open hard to watch.

SoCal

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Kind of surprised that I have over half my team left, but only one (Stinson) is in any kind of contention. The next closest is Fitzpatrick at 3 over.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'll go with...

Spieth 7
    Rory 7
    Reed 5
    Koepka 5
    Garcia 4
    Tiger 2
    Spieth - cut
    Rory - cut
    Reed - +3 (T11)
    Koepka - +1 (T4)
    Garcia - cut
    Tiger - cut

Only 2 guys alive for me, but they are both in very good position to earn big money. Someone picked, DJ, right? That's almost certain to be the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Spieth - cut
    Rory - cut
    Reed - +3 (T11)
    Koepka - +1 (T4)
    Garcia - cut
    Tiger - cut

Only 2 guys alive for me, but they are both in very good position to earn big money. Someone picked, DJ, right? That's almost certain to be the winner.
    Maybe - but there is a lot of talent lurking in Rose, Fowler, Koepka and Stenson. Also, don’t sleep on Fleetwood. I think he has the makeup to win a major and he’s smart and mature enough to stay patient and pick his spots on a really tough course. The course is going to dry out even more this afternoon and make it even tougher to hold greens. DJ is capable of a double here and there you could have a number of two and three shot swings today.

That thing Phil just did. Bad putt, ticked off, hit another putt before his ball stops. Announcer said he got a nine on the hole including 2 penalty stokes for hitting his moving ball.

Don't remember seeing that ever.
    ~rthomas

Also, there are 17 entries.

5 have DJ
    3 have Rose
    4 have Koepka
    10 have Fowler
    3 have Stenson
    1 has Fleetwood (Rogue)
    1 has Poulter (also Rogue - who only has two players left with Spieth, Day, Rory and Tiger out)