Deadpool 2 (spoilers)

Should have done this on Friday....

The "you're so dark...are you sure you're not from the DC universe," made me laugh so hard I almost spilled my popcorn.

Took my spouse and 2 of my kids to see it on Sunday. They all said "it was just as good as original, if not better." The loved the X-Force people getting killed. They loved Domino. The loved the end credit scene, even though none of them had seen the original Wolverine (I explained it to them afterwards, which made them like that part even more).

So I heard a rumor that there's going to be an X-Force movie sometime next year (filming starts in October) and that Ryan Reynolds will be in it. That's great. I bet he calls the next Deadpool movie something like "Deadpool 4 - because the 3rd always sucks"

Also - the scene were Cable shoots at Deadpool and he slices the first bullet in half, and then he unloads on him, and Deadpool swings at all the bullets...and misses...was not just funny. It was a reference to Wade Wilson in Wolverine, where he does just that in one of the opening scenes (only does slice all the bullets up). Just awesome! This version was much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    The "you're so dark...are you sure you're not from the DC universe," made me laugh so hard I almost spilled my popcorn.
    Don't forget the early reference to the horrible "my mom's name is also Martha" plot point in Batman vs Superman. How do you feel if you're someone involved in the DC movies sitting through Deadpool? Your movies are now just getting openly mocked by your rival within their films.

Should have done this on Friday...

Took my spouse and 2 of my kids to see it on Sunday. They all said "it was just as good as original, if not better." The loved the X-Force people getting killed. They loved Domino. The loved the end credit scene, even though none of them had seen the original Wolverine (I explained it to them afterwards, which made them like that part even more).

So I heard a rumor that there's going to be an X-Force movie sometime next year (filming starts in October) and that Ryan Reynolds will be in it. That's great. I bet he calls the next Deadpool movie something like "Deadpool 4 - because the 3rd always sucks"
    Saw it Friday night and thought it was awesome! Every bit as good as the original in my opinion. The theater was rolling with laughter throughout. Some of my favorite jokes / scenes were:

-You killed black Tom, you racist son of a b*#@h!

-The whole audition to termination of the people answering the ad. Peter trying to pull the vomiting guy out of the wood chipper was hilarious! The whole Vanisher thing was really funny too.

-Obviously everyone will be talking about the baby legs scene. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in quite some time. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes during all that. The theater was rolling!

-Juggernaut tearing Deadpool in two was awesome and his death was really funny too.

-The x-men characters trying to not be seen was great

-The final scene where Reynolds is reading the Green Lantern script was funny

There are a ton more, I could go on all day
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Also - the scene were Cable shoots at Deadpool and he slices the first bullet in half, and then he unloads on him, and Deadpool swings at all the bullets...and misses...was not just funny. It was a reference to Wade Wilson in Wolverine, where he does just that in one of the opening scenes (only does slice all the bullets up). Just awesome! This version was much better.
    Yes! I had already forgot about this one...so funny!

Just thought of another one -

Cable - Who are you?
    Deadpool - I'm Batman

Hilarious!

While it certainly wasn't as good or novel as the first, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will see it again since the one liners were coming so fast I'm sure I missed some. While there are no scenes at the very very end of the credits, listening to the last song was worth staying for.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Saw it Friday night and thought it was awesome! Every bit as good as the original in my opinion. The theater was rolling with laughter throughout. Some of my favorite jokes / scenes were:

-You killed black Tom, you racist son of a b*#@h!

-The whole audition to termination of the people answering the ad. Peter trying to pull the vomiting guy out of the wood chipper was hilarious! The whole Vanisher thing was really funny too.

-Obviously everyone will be talking about the baby legs scene. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in quite some time. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes during all that. The theater was rolling!
    Everyone in my group died, except a good friend of mine. For some reason, this scene just struck him as awkward and he wouldn't shut up about it. So, at our weekly poker game, someone called him "Baby Legs", and it seems like it's gonna stick.
    -Juggernaut tearing Deadpool in two was awesome and his death was really funny too.

-The x-men characters trying to not be seen was great.
    I'm not enough of a Marvel/comic book fan to figure out why that was so funny? Everyone in the theater was rolling, but I was like, "I don't get it."
    -The final scene where Reynolds is reading the Green Lantern script was funny

There are a ton more, I could go on all day

I thought the movie was great, even went to see it a second time with a friend that wanted to go and didn't want to go alone. I can't remember the last time I've gone to see something in the theater twice.

just saw DP2 this past weekend...Mrs pie and i thoroughly enjoyed it (as did everyone in the theater)...i can't remember the last time we laughed so much at a movie...

i know we prolly only got about 60-70% of the zingers, but man...they were AWESOME....

“I guess dubstep never dies.” - Cable

"Let's F_ _ _ Some Sh _ _ Up is my legal middle name." - Juggernaut:
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese