The Essential MCU?

So I feel I should see this Avengers 3 thing, but I know it builds on a lot of story that I've forgotten. I'm thinking of watching/rewatching some of the older movies first. The big question is: what should I watch? Which movies are really important for the story, really great, or both?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Unfortunately I've forgotten too much to identify which are necessary, but I can identify two which are not.

Thor 2 and Ironman 2 are the worst films in the MCU and have no bearing on Inifinity War. Skip them.

Skip them all and watch Robin Hood: Men in Tights instead.

I'd say Avengers 1 & 2 are important to explain why characters are where they are physically and emotionally. Guardians of the Galaxy 1 is important as to the villain, the Infinity Stone concept and the back story for the Guardians of the Galaxy. I'd say all 3 are good films worth watching anyway.

Veering off on a tangent, how come we haven't seen any good parodies of the MCU? Any genre that becomes this successful engenders spoofs, ala Men in Tights (tight tights).

Iron Man
    Avengers 1
    Avengers 2
    Guardians 1
    Guardians 2
    Captain America: Civil War
    Dr. Strange
    Thor Ragnarok

Technically you could leave out Iron man/Guardians 2, but the rest are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Iron Man
    Avengers 1
    Avengers 2
    Guardians 1
    Guardians 2
    Dr. Strange
    Thor Ragnarok

Technically you could leave out Iron man/Guardians 2, but the rest are essential.
    I would like to add Black Panther to that excellent list. Otherwise you will get to a certain point in the movie and be a little lost.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I would like to add Black Panther to that excellent list. Otherwise you will get to a certain point in the movie and be a little lost.
    Thanks guys. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Iron Man
    Avengers 1
    Avengers 2
    Guardians 1
    Guardians 2
    Dr. Strange
    Thor Ragnarok

I would definitely leave out Guardians 2. Other than introducing Mantis, there is nothing in there that ends up mattering to what happens in Infinity War. I'm not sure how essential Avengers 2 is either, other than setting up who Vision and Scarlet Witch are. As earlier noted, Black Panther is needed to understand the setting for the final battle in Infinity War.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I would definitely leave out Guardians 2. Other than introducing Mantis, there is nothing in there that ends up mattering to what happens in Infinity War. I'm not sure how essential Avengers 2 is either, other than setting up who Vision and Scarlet Witch are. As earlier noted, Black Panther is needed to understand the setting for the final battle in Infinity War.
    Yeah Guardians 2 could be left off but I would recommend all the Avengers.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking