Thread: FB: AP Poll

FB: AP Poll

We fell out, receiving just one vote. VaTech is 24..
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-01-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Assuming a loss to Notre Dame, I would expect them(VA Tech) to fall out again. If they had their next four games before that Notre Dame game(UNC, GA Tech, BC, Pitt) they would be mid teen's in my mind in would then have to face ND and Miami back to back. Assuming they make up the ECU game, they will be either 9-3 or 10-2 going into bowl season.

We lost to a better team Saturday, one that will finish in the Top 20 when all is said and done IMHO.

It's a little early for the polls but I would imagine we'd be ranked #2 behind UK.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    It's a little early for the polls but I would imagine we'd be ranked #2 behind UK.
    I believe this is a football thread, not basketball. Plus the fact I dont want to be #2 in anything to Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I believe this is a football thread, not basketball. Plus the fact I dont want to be #2 in anything to Kentucky.
    Well we will always be ahead of Kentucky when it comes to 'que.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Well we will always be ahead of Kentucky when it comes to 'que.
    And the church said, "Amen".

The ACC is not great and we'll have a chance to make it back in before the end of October.

Well.....it was nice to be top 25, if only for one week! Let's hope we can get back up there before the season ends. Given where Duke football was 8 or 10 years ago, it is a truly remarkable ascent.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Well....it was nice to be top 25, if only for one week! Let's hope we can get back up there before the season ends. Given where Duke football was 8 or 10 years ago, it is a truly remarkable ascent.
    Absolutely. Well said.

And Lexington Style 'Que is the best of the best..

We've been ranked in the AP poll at some point during 31 football seasons (including 2018): https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/duke/

In 17 seasons, we were ranked in the final AP poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    We've been ranked in the AP poll at some point during 31 football seasons (including 2018): https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/duke/

In 17 seasons, we were ranked in the final AP poll.
    When was the last time we were ranked in one of the final polls?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    When was the last time we were ranked in one of the final polls?
    2013, following our loss to Texas A&M we were ranked 23 in the final AP poll and 22 in the final Coaches Poll.

(Technically the polls were released in January 2014, but for the 2013 football season)

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    2013, following our loss to Texas A&M we were ranked 23 in the final AP poll and 22 in the final Coaches Poll.

(Technically the polls were released in January 2014, but for the 2013 football season)
    ...and had we beaten them, prolly end up Top Ten!