Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    You mean trade up to get Carter? I'd love it. He's my favorite player in the draft for the Celtics (okay, Ayton is. But the Celts can't get him).

I'd trade a lottery pick next year to get Carter. I think he's that great and effective for Boston.
    I did actually mean trade down (in the unlikely event they get the #2 or #3 pick). And we're on the exact same page. I think Ayton and Carter are the 2 guys who would help the C's the most.

Getting Ayton isn't quite impossible, just really close to that. That C's would need the #2 pick and someone would have to take Doncic #1 overall. I'd give it a 0.5% (200 to 1) chance.
    Last edited by kAzE; 05-15-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Getting Ayton isn't quite impossible, just really close to that. That C's would need the #2 pick and someone would have to take Doncic #1 overall.
    In the current NBA, I'm afraid Ayton doesn't have the defensive chops to justify the #1 pick. I'm highly skeptical, especially on the perimeter. That said, I suspect that PHX will grab him if they can. On the other hand, WC would be a great pick for the Cs. He can switch on the pick-and-roll across all five positions.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    In the current NBA, I'm afraid Ayton doesn't have the defensive chops to justify the #1 pick. I'm highly skeptical, especially on the perimeter. That said, I suspect that PHX will grab him if they can. On the other hand, WC would be a great pick for the Cs. He can switch on the pick-and-roll across all five positions.
    I dunno about that . . . the whole reason we switched to zone for keeps last season was BECAUSE Wendell was having trouble staying with guards on switches. He was a defensive monster in the zone because he could simply camp in the paint.

I'm sure Wendell will continue to improve, but considering he's already 260 pounds and not likely to lose a whole lot of weight as he gets older, I would be concerned with his lateral quickness against NBA perimeter players.

I view Ayton as a bigger, more talented, and more athletic center than Wendell, but Wendell's basketball IQ is far better. He's one of the smartest players in this draft. Ayton is still the better overall prospect, but it actually wouldn't shock me if WC had a better career than Ayton, or Bagley for that matter.
    Last edited by kAzE; 05-15-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I'd trade a lottery pick next year to get Carter. I think he's that great and effective for Boston.
    I think Ainge actually outmaneuvered himself with the protection that he worked into this year’s pick(2-5). I think I would take the 9th pick this year over the potential of next year’s 2nd pick. I am guessing part of the protection was based on the fact that the Celtics still had the Nets pick when they made the trade with the Sixers.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I dunno about that . . . the whole reason we switched to zone for keeps last season was BECAUSE Wendell was having trouble staying with guards on switches. He was a defensive monster in the zone because he could simply camp in the paint.
    I thought other freshman struggled much more than WC did in man-to-man. I don't expect WC to play guards straight up. But I have no trouble seeing him do as well as Looney did last night or, in time, doing as well as Horford does. I can't see anything close to that from Ayton.

Is there some thread where we can talk about the draft but not have 85% of the posts be about the Celtics?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Is there some thread where we can talk about the draft but not have 85% of the posts be about the Celtics?
    Sure, once The Almighty Brad Stevens is annointed at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Haha it does seem the Celtics are the NBA team of choice for the majority of Duke fans with Kyrie, Jayson and Pagliuca.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post
    Haha it does seem the Celtics are the NBA team of choice for the majority of Duke fans with Kyrie, Jayson and Pagliuca.
    And half of Semi

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    And half of Semi
    Demi Semi?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Demi Semi?
    Hemidemisemiquaver?

It would be hilarious if Cavs Celtics and Sixers end up with top 3 picks

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Frozen!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Luke and Elton will both be on the stage

Bagley will be the best NBA player in this draft. Ayton will likely be good but Bagley will be great. Someone is going to be fired for picking Ayton and/or Doncic ahead of Bags. That is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Yes it would but I believe that only 2 of the 3 can, it is an either or between the 76ers and Celtics. It still would be hilarous if the Cavs and the Celtics/76ers get two of the top three picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Yes it would but I believe that only 2 of the 3 can, it is an either or between the 76ers and Celtics. It still would be hilarous if the Cavs and the Celtics/76ers get two of the top three picks.
    Nope, lottery happening now and the top 3 (to be revealed in moments) are the Suns, Hawks, and Kings. To me, this means the Hawks get one of Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley. I'm thrilled!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nope, lottery happening now and the top 3 (to be revealed in moments) are the Suns, Hawks, and Kings. To me, this means the Hawks get one of Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley. I'm thrilled!!
    And you thought they blew it with their wins at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Phoenix, then Kings, then Hawks.

SB Nation has Bags to Memphis at 4 and Wendell to Knicks at 9. No other in first round.