Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: 2018 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    We also have a true University that has classrooms
    FTFY.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Frankly, I'm tired of the whole one-and-done thing. I would rather go back to team basketball, even if it is an impossibility. Maybe Duke needs to rethink the whole thing.
    tell me about the rabbits, George

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Frankly, I'm tired of the whole one-and-done thing. I would rather go back to team basketball, even if it is an impossibility. Maybe Duke needs to rethink the whole thing.
    Well I have a couple of thoughts at this comment. First, I don't love the OAD thing either. Second, I am sure that Duke and Coach K are thinking and re-thinking this all the time. Third, what is Coach K to do, say no to Cam Reddish and Zion Williamson and so on? No one is going to do this, especially a coach over 70 who is probably not looking to do a 2-3 year rebuild project. Fourth, the OAD team in 2015 played team basketball.

I mean, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And why we insist on feeding that troll. Just ignore him and he'll go back under the bridge.
    I wish...he never does.

Watching the headline plays of Duval on the homepage, posted today, makes me appreciate, again, what a fine player he was, and is. What a shame he didn't stay around for another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    It's the offseason, Wheat--please proceed. You know DBR really loves you and you do make some interesting points (in a baby blue sort of way).

Liven up the board!
    I used to defend Wheat but after several years I really do think he is a troll. In his lovely apparently thought provoking comments there is always a dig against Duke and an “Oh I didn’t mean that” afterwards. Don’t believe a word and don’t feed him.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I used to defend Wheat but after several years I really do think he is a troll. In his lovely apparently thought provoking comments there is always a dig against Duke and an “Oh I didn’t mean that” afterwards. Don’t believe a word and don’t feed him.
    Bull, give me a break. Go back and read my comments from the start, hypothetically assume it was a Duke fan who wrote it and it wouldn’t be so controversial.

You guys always play the troll card when a point is made that you don’t particularly like. It’s a lame way to participate in a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I agree with every word you say here. I cringe when I come across one of Wheat’s posts. Whenever a poster says something less than positive about Wheat someone always rushes to his defense by saying that we at DBR appreciate hearing the viewpoints of fans of opposing schools. While that’s true of posters like TexHawk (Kansas fan) or Wahoo2000 (UVA fan) or Pack97 (NC State fan), Wheat is in a separate category from them. His irrational hatred of Duke (likely rooted in jealousy) is palpable, though he tries to deny it. He’s just trollling, trying to annoy us, always getting in subtle digs against Duke, and then playing innocent when we call him on it. I saw through his act years ago. It’s so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I agree with every word you say here. I cringe when I come across one of Wheat’s posts. Whenever a poster says something less than positive about Wheat someone always rushes to his defense by saying that we at DBR appreciate hearing the viewpoints of fans of opposing schools. While that’s true of posters like TexHawk (Kansas fan) or Wahoo2000 (UVA fan) or Pack97 (NC State fan), Wheat is in a separate category from them. His irrational hatred of Duke (likely rooted in jealousy) is palpable, though he tries to deny it. He’s just trollling, trying to annoy us, always getting in subtle digs against Duke, and then playing innocent when we call him on it. I saw through his act years ago. It’s so obvious.
    I use the ignore poster function, but it doesn’t really help because he almost always hijacks and ruins threads, and even his comments still show up when others reply with quotes. Wake me up when he conveniently goes fishing and doesn’t post for a while when there’s no good opportunity to troll. I believe there was a Chicago Heel who was a fine poster.

Back on topic (sort of)... it still cracks me up that these guys are going to be teammates. Think their practices will be at all intense?!?

https://youtu.be/KhzFnmwf65U

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    The draft is over and this thread has ... devolved, to say the least. I'll be reviewing it with my fellow mods to see if infractions are appropriate. In the meantime, this thread is closed.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”