Star Trek returns..without Kirk

William Shatner was not written into the new Star Trek movie, but Mr. Spock was...

While Leonard Nimoy is reprising his role as the pointy-eared Vulcan in next year's science-fiction flick, William Shatner is not on board as Kirk.

"I couldn't believe it. I'm not in the movie at all. Leonard, God bless his heart, is in, but not me," Shatner, 76, told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I thought, what a decision to make, since it obviously is a decision not to make use of the popularity I have to ensure the movie has good box office. It didn't seem to be a wise business decision."

Question Star Trek - not really TOS

Thanks for the link. It will be interesting to see how new actors playing old favorite characters comes across. Will the new guys act and sound like the old guys (literally)? Will we believe the new guy is really Kirk? Or Bones? Or Spock?

This will either be really good or really bad. I don't think there can be much middle ground.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Thanks for the link. It will be interesting to see how new actors playing old favorite characters comes across. Will the new guys act and sound like the old guys (literally)? Will we believe the new guy is really Kirk? Or Bones? Or Spock?

This will either be really good or really bad. I don't think there can be much middle ground.
    JJ Abrams is writing/directing. I think that means it will be really good. I also love Zach Quinto (Sylar) as Spock. JJ always gets strong performances from his actors. I still think MI:III was an excellent action movie. The franchise feeling stale and especially some Tom Cruise backlash hurt that movie at the Boxoffice but that was one well-directed film. The confidence it took to open the movie the way he opened it was stunning!

-Jason "as far as I am concerned, JJ is golden at the moment" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    William Shatner was not written into the new Star Trek movie, but Mr. Spock was...
    No Shatner? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Highly illogical.

Attachment 140